Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Frames and scrollbar question.

Frames and scrollbar question.

davemitc@gmail.com

<cfoutput>
<FRAMESET FRAMESPACING="0" BORDER="false" ROWS="50%,*" FRAMEBORDER="0">
<FRAME NAME="frame1" src="./something1.html">
<FRAME NAME="frame2" src="./something2.html">
</FRAMESET>
</cfoutput>

I want to open frame2, but not see the horizontal scroll bar. Can this
be done?

Also, can someone tell me what cfoutput does?

Neredbojias

To further the education of mankind, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) declaimed:

> <cfoutput>
> <FRAMESET FRAMESPACING="0" BORDER="false" ROWS="50%,*" FRAMEBORDER="0">
> <FRAME NAME="frame1" src="./something1.html">
> <FRAME NAME="frame2" src="./something2.html">
> </FRAMESET>
> </cfoutput>
>
> I want to open frame2, but not see the horizontal scroll bar. Can this
> be done?

Yes.

> Also, can someone tell me what cfoutput does?

No.

--
Neredbojias
Infinity can have limits.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Also, can someone tell me what cfoutput does?

Google indicates you should probably consult your Cold Fusion manual.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=cfoutput

--
-bts
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer

dorayme

In article
<(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> <cfoutput>
> <FRAMESET FRAMESPACING="0" BORDER="false" ROWS="50%,*" FRAMEBORDER="0">
> <FRAME NAME="frame1" src="./something1.html">
> <FRAME NAME="frame2" src="./something2.html">
> </FRAMESET>
> </cfoutput>
>
> I want to open frame2, but not see the horizontal scroll bar. Can this
> be done?

What do you mean, you want to open frame2? You open the frameset
and see the frames. You want to just see one of the frames? In a
new window? In the same window? (where did you get this
border="false"?

In regard to the frameset at least, the HTML 4 specs says:

scrolling = auto | yes | no

This attribute specifies scroll information for the frame window.
Possible values

auto: This value tells the user agent to provide scrolling
devices for the frame window when necessary. This is the default
value.

yes: This value tells the user agent to always provide scrolling
devices for the frame window.

no: This value tells the user agent not to provide scrolling