Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Selectable Buttons using only HTML and CSS

Selectable Buttons using only HTML and CSS

fritz-bayer@web.de

Hi,

I'm defining a menü with rectangular buttons just using HTML and CSS.
I use a HTML Table to do so and CSS do draw the rectangles around the
links.

Only problem is, that people have to directly click onto the link, of
course. I would like the clickable region to extend to the whole table
cell, so that clicking into this area, will also be acceptable.

Any ideas how to solve this? Without gifs and mouseovers? I thought
maybe some kind of transparent clickable gif or I heard somethind about
imagemaps?

Fritz

Steve Pugh

> I'm defining a menü with rectangular buttons just using HTML and CSS.
> I use a HTML Table to do so and CSS do draw the rectangles around the
> links.
>
> Only problem is, that people have to directly click onto the link, of
> course. I would like the clickable region to extend to the whole table
> cell, so that clicking into this area, will also be acceptable.
>
> Any ideas how to solve this? Without gifs and mouseovers? I thought
> maybe some kind of transparent clickable gif or I heard somethind about
> imagemaps?

Set the links to display: block; and they will fill the table cells.

Then get rid of the table cells and use something more sensible
instead.

Steve

William Hughes

On 13 Apr 2006 03:01:09 -0700, in alt.html (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm defining a menü with rectangular buttons just using HTML and CSS.
>I use a HTML Table to do so and CSS do draw the rectangles around the
>links.
>
>Only problem is, that people have to directly click onto the link, of
>course. I would like the clickable region to extend to the whole table
>cell, so that clicking into this area, will also be acceptable.
>
>Any ideas how to solve this? Without gifs and mouseovers? I thought
>maybe some kind of transparent clickable gif or I heard somethind about
>imagemaps?
>
>Fritz

http://www.webmaster-toolkit.com/css...enerator.shtml

Money can't buy happiness, but it can let you rent it for a while...

kchayka

<URL:http://css.maxdesign.com.au/listamatic/>