Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Borders on Tables

Borders on Tables

peter.mcclymont@gmail.com

Hi There,

I have a number of tables on my website. The problem is that the tables
seem to have an imaginary width around the edges. E.G. there are no
visible lines around the tables, but when I have 2 tables together the
contents of the 2 tables cannot be touching.

Is there a table edge width attribute?

I am using ASP .NET 2.0.

Thanks,

Peter.

Ian Collins

> Hi There,
>
> I have a number of tables on my website. The problem is that the tables
> seem to have an imaginary width around the edges. E.G. there are no
> visible lines around the tables, but when I have 2 tables together the
> contents of the 2 tables cannot be touching.
>
> Is there a table edge width attribute?

Have you applied any border-collapse or border-spacing styles to your
tables?

--
Ian Collins.

peter.mcclymont@gmail.com

I don't know, I am using visual web developer 2005, so that might have
done it automatically, or I might have done it by accident.

How can I check.

Thanks.

Ian Collins

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I don't know, I am using visual web developer 2005, so that might have
> done it automatically, or I might have done it by accident.
>
> How can I check.

Have a look? Also check any associated stylesheets.

--
Ian Collins.

Neredbojias

To further the education of mankind, (E-Mail Removed) declaimed:

> I don't know, I am using visual web developer 2005, so that might have
> done it automatically, or I might have done it by accident.

Interesting. Very interesting...

> How can I check.

By learning what you're doing in the first place. You are relying on a
crutch whose output you seem to know nothing about. WYSIWYG html editors,
any of them, are notoriously inept at producing valid markup, and even if
they happen to get something "right", it may not be quite what you want.

--
Neredbojias
Infinity can have limits.

Andy Dingley

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I am using visual web developer 2005, so that might have
> done it automatically, or I might have done it by accident.

This is why "idiot-proof" tools are bad. When they don't do just what
you want straightaway, you're left staring at them with no real
understanding of where to go next.

To help you further we need to know the URL so that we can see it. Then
it's probably just a matter of some simple CSS changes.

Tables and borders Jon HTML 6 05-20-2005 10:51 AM
Tables with different color left and right borders, no top or bottom borders, etc. George HTML 9 10-25-2004 04:25 PM
<asp:Panels, borders and HTML tables Mark Rae ASP .Net 3 10-06-2004 02:01 PM
Borders For Tables Hack Hostile17 HTML 2 09-02-2003 07:29 AM
Tables with solid black borders? Michael Wilcox HTML 3 07-07-2003 01:30 AM

Advertisments