Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > <ul> & <il> gives 1 more line?

<ul> & <il> gives 1 more line?

affiliateian@gmail.com

I have <ul> & <il> in a cell but after uploading my file, the cell
looks like it has a <br> or 2 at the bottom? Any ideas? I am guessing
it is the CSS. What can I add to it to eliminate the extra lines?

Leonard Blaisdell

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,

> I have <ul> & <il> in a cell but after uploading my file, the cell
> looks like it has a <br> or 2 at the bottom? Any ideas? I am guessing
> it is the CSS. What can I add to it to eliminate the extra lines?

URL?

leo

--
<http://web0.greatbasin.net/~leo/>

dorayme

In article
<(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> I have <ul> & <il> in a cell but after uploading my file, the cell
> looks like it has a <br> or 2 at the bottom? Any ideas? I am guessing
> it is the CSS. What can I add to it to eliminate the extra lines?

You need to use <li> rather than <il>, the latter is known to
give tricky results.

And you can control the line heights and where all goes up to a
point by such things as setting line-height, margins, padding,
list-style-position, styling any containing box the ul might be
sitting in and so on...

--
dorayme

affiliateian@gmail.com

Sorry, they are <li>'s. My typo.

What is the proper syntax for controling margins? I tried this this in
the CDD but nothing happened:

LI { margin: 0; }

When I tried this:

UL { margin: 0; }

it took away the extra line but it also removed all the bullet points.

Can anyone share the proper syntax for the CSS?

dorayme

In article
<(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Sorry, they are <li>'s. My typo.
>
> What is the proper syntax for controling margins? I tried this this in
> the CDD but nothing happened:
>
> LI { margin: 0; }
>
> When I tried this:
>
> UL { margin: 0; }
>
> it took away the extra line but it also removed all the bullet points.
>
> Can anyone share the proper syntax for the CSS?

That is because the before (default) and after is margin: 0. To
make a big effect, choose some other value. Like -5px? or 20px or
-10px...

But first, try the following and describe exactly - exactly -
what it is you want and maybe someone, even me, can tell you what
to put in the css style (nothing there in the following):

<head>
<title>A simple list</title>
charset=ISO-8859-1">

<!--

-->

</head>

<ul>
<li>The baffled young trader</li>
<li>The desert crossing</li>
<li>The fork an army faced</li>
<li>Missionaries and cannibals</li>
<li>The missing king</li>
<li>The camel skin trader</li>
<li>The king's daughters</li>
<li>Poo &amp; Piglet take a walk</li>
<li>Three wise men</li>
<li>The liar and the truth teller</li>
</ul>

--
dorayme

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Kim_Andr=E9_Aker=F8?=

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Sorry, they are <li>'s. My typo.
>
> What is the proper syntax for controling margins? I tried this this in
> the CDD but nothing happened:
>
> LI { margin: 0; }
>
> When I tried this:
>
> UL { margin: 0; }
>
> it took away the extra line but it also removed all the bullet points.
>
> Can anyone share the proper syntax for the CSS?

Try this:

UL { margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 0; }

That'll keep the side margins to the default.

--
Kim Andrť AkerÝ
- (E-Mail Removed)

affiliateian@gmail.com