Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > How to - named anchor on another page? help please

How to - named anchor on another page? help please

netrate@yahoo.com

I am trying to get a named anchor on a separate page, but I am unable
to do it. Can somebody let me know the html to do this? Thanks

Jose

> I am trying to get a named anchor on a separate page, but I am unable
> to do it. Can somebody let me know the html to do this? Thanks

I'm not sure what you mean, but if you mean you want a link that will go
to a specific place on another page, that other page has to have an
anchor tag, (for example it could be called halfway) and then in the
calling page, the one with the link, you would reference that anchor thus:
href=http://www.somewhere.com/thatpage.html#halfway

Jose
--
Nothing takes longer than a shortcut.

Get the named anchor from the URL? Greg Collins [Microsoft MVP] ASP .Net 6 10-12-2006 12:14 AM
named anchor Nalaka ASP .Net 6 12-29-2005 01:17 AM
Named anchor question Mark Parnell HTML 3 06-28-2005 08:17 PM
Help understanding HTML "Named Anchor" Jeff Wisnia Computer Support 3 04-06-2005 04:48 AM
Jump to named anchor after form processing Robert Mark Bram ASP General 3 10-20-2004 11:17 PM

Advertisments