Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > pop up menu at header frame cannot overlap to bottom frame

pop up menu at header frame cannot overlap to bottom frame

pasupathy

hello there,

I have the following problem with this pop up menu and unable to solve
therefore please help me out.

an index file, consists of a top and bottom frame.
In the top frame there is a pop up menu, when click the menu , the drop
down list is being overlapped by the bottom frame.

How can I code it in such a way the drop down menu overlaps the bottom frame

I am using dreamweaver and fireworks........... cant attach the html
file here

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, pasupathy quothed:

> hello there,
>
> I have the following problem with this pop up menu and unable to solve
> therefore please help me out.
>
> an index file, consists of a top and bottom frame.
> In the top frame there is a pop up menu, when click the menu , the drop
> down list is being overlapped by the bottom frame.
>
> How can I code it in such a way the drop down menu overlaps the bottom frame
>
> I am using dreamweaver and fireworks........... cant attach the html
> file here

Possibly by using the css z-index option.

--
Neredbojias

Dylan Parry

Pondering the eternal question of "Hobnobs or Rich Tea?", pasupathy
finally proclaimed:

> How can I code it in such a way the drop down menu overlaps the bottom
> frame

You can't do this using frames. The only way you can do what you are
trying to achieve is to get rid of the frames entirely.

--
Dylan Parry

pasupathy

Dylan Parry wrote:
> Pondering the eternal question of "Hobnobs or Rich Tea?", pasupathy
> finally proclaimed:
>
>> How can I code it in such a way the drop down menu overlaps the bottom
>> frame

> You can't do this using frames. The only way you can do what you are
> trying to achieve is to get rid of the frames entirely.

OK, but then I have to load the menu in all the pages linked to the menu
for navigation

Dylan Parry

Pondering the eternal question of "Hobnobs or Rich Tea?", pasupathy
finally proclaimed:

> OK, but then I have to load the menu in all the pages linked to the menu
> for navigation

You can do this using server side includes. Does your server support
SSI/PHP or something like that?

--
Dylan Parry