Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Browser trends

Browser trends

Blinky the Shark

Jonathan N. Little wrote:

> Blinky the Shark wrote:
>> Jonathan N. Little wrote:
>>
>>> Opera is okay, but what frustrates me when using it that you cannot
>>> drag and drop links. Didn't realize how often I drag to the desktop or
>>> to a new tab and -- OH! that's right this is Opera!

>> Must be a version issue.
>>
>> <clickety click>
>>
>> I can do both (drag link to tab and desktop) with Opera here:
>>
>> Opera 8.51/WinXP
>> Opera 8.51/Win2000
>> Opera 8.51/Win98SE
>> Opera 8.51/Mandriva Linux
>> Opera 8.51/SUSE Linux

> Yes seems to be, I have two versions 7.54 and 8.51.

So do do those two actions work in the newer 8.51 as they do here with
every OS I have that I can check them on?

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Toby Inkster

Jonathan N. Little wrote:

> You can drag to rearrange to order of the tabs but your cannot drag a
> link to a tab to open that url in that tab.

Yes you can.

(Only tested in Opera 9.00tp2 for Linux, but it may work in earlier
versions.)

Whatsmore, you can drag:

- links onto the desktop;

- tabs onto the desktop;

- favicons onto the desktop;

- tabs around the tab bar, to rearrange them;

- tabs from the tab bar onto another window's tab bar, to move
a tab from one window to another;

- links, tabs and favicons from Opera onto *Mozilla's* canvas,
to go to that URL in Mozilla;

- links, tabs and favicons from Opera onto Mozilla's tab bar to
open that URL in a new tab in Mozilla; and

- links, tabs and favicons from Opera onto Mozilla's Bookmarks
Toolbar to add a bookmark to your Mozilla bookmarks.

I'm not sure how much more drag-and-drop it's reasonable to demand.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS