Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Your choice...

Your choice...

rich

Looks like mostly coder questions here but...

I'm looking for a free WYSIWYG website design IDE. I want to get basic
sites up quick then add code as needed. Must come with lots of styles or
templates with good graphics. I don't want to be drawing pictures all
day, just bang together a good looking basic site.

What's your choice.

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed rich <(E-Mail Removed)> writing in
news:1e58d$442780e3$45289d12$(E-Mail Removed):

> Looks like mostly coder questions here but...
>
> I'm looking for a free WYSIWYG website design IDE. I want to get basic
> sites up quick then add code as needed. Must come with lots of styles

or
> templates with good graphics. I don't want to be drawing pictures all
> day, just bang together a good looking basic site.
>
> What's your choice.

If you want a good looking basic site, you're better off handcoding it.
Make one page first using document level CSS, then when you're satisfied
with that, remove the CSS to an external stylesheet that you will use for
the entire site. Save that document as a template. If you have some
sort of server side include available, use that, or if not, use a
preprocessor.

<!-- Use the following as an include -->
<!-- Your header content, logo, etc. -->
<ul>
</ul>
<!-- End include -->
<h1>Page Title</h1>
<!-- Page content -->
<!-- Use the following as an include -->
<!-- Your footer content, copyright, etc. -->
<!-- End include -->
--
Adrienne Boswell

Toby Inkster

rich wrote:

> I'm looking for a free WYSIWYG website design IDE.
> What's your choice.

My choice is to avoid free WYSIWYG website design IDEs.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS