Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Email links

Email links

Andrew Donaldson

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

> There is no 'web version' of Outlook (or even Outlook Express).

It might refer to Outlook Web Access, an unfortunate side effect of
Microsoft Exchange Server:

http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/ev...owa2k3_55.mspx

This abysmal attempt at an email program makes Outlook (Express) look
good in comparison. Those following up the "Why top posting is
considered wrong?" thread will probably despair of the fact that it
makes top-posting and HTML mail virtually compulsory.

Andrew

Toby Inkster

Jonathan N. Little wrote:

> and link using href set to a 'mailto:..." will break, fail, crash and
> but burn, *not work* if the visitor does not have a email client like
> Outlook, Outlook Express, Netscape/Mozilla Messenger, Eudora, ... and a
> POP mail account.

mailto: works fine without a POP3 mail account. I have an IMAP account,
and manage to click on mailto: links very often; mailto: also worked ine
back when I collected mail from a mail spool file.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Toby Inkster

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

> There is no 'web version' of Outlook

http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/ev...owa2k3_55.mspx

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Toby Inkster wrote:

> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>
>> There is no 'web version' of Outlook

> http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/ev...owa2k3_55.mspx

Ok ... do you think this is what the OP was referring to?

--
-bts
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer

Toby Inkster

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> Toby Inkster wrote:
>> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>>
>>> There is no 'web version' of Outlook

>> http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/ev...owa2k3_55.mspx

> Ok ... do you think this is what the OP was referring to?

I would imagine so, yes.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS