Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Interrupting navigation.

Interrupting navigation.

Hywel Jenkins

In article
<(E-Mail Removed) us.utvinternet.ie>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)lid says...

> >> Do you have a valid reason to require users to login?

> >Well.. Right now it's just a curiousity as several of our intranet sites do
> >it and others don't.

> So that's a no then, to satisfy your curiosity: don't require users to
> login unless absolutely necessary, problem solved.

*******s. Why don't you just try to answer the guy's question instead
of pumping out your bullshit opinion?

--

Hywel
http://kibo.org.uk/

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Alan J. Flavell quothed:

> Indeed. And - just to take one practical example - when I'm trying to
> plan a trip with some journey planner, I might need to have
> discussions in the middle - checking with a colleague to see if the
> arrangements are OK, or checking up with the organisers if an extra
> day's stay seems necessary; it's simply *maddening* to be told, when
> trying to resume the planner, that the session has timed out and
> please to start again from Square One.

Yep - maddening and counter-productive. The only site I've ever
returned to after such an occurrence is a bank.

--
Neredbojias

Jose

> it's simply *maddening* to be told, when
> trying to resume the planner, that the session has timed out and
> please to start again from Square One.

Yes, which I think is why he's asking how to ask the user for a
password, and then start him again from Square Seventeen (or wherever he
was).

Jose
--
Nothing takes longer than a shortcut.

Noozer

"Toby Inkster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)5n.co.uk...
> Toby Inkster wrote:
>
>> function check_pass ($username, $password)
>> {
>> // Write this function yourself.
>> // Return TRUE if password is ok.
>> // FALSE otherwise.
>> }

> PS: this function should also do something like set a cookie to indicate
> whether your user is logged in or not!

Doh! : )

Thanks muchly! It's appreciated!