Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Can you test my website?

Can you test my website?

dorayme

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)-sjc.supernews.net>,
Leonard Blaisdell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> In article
> <4422f788$0$4662$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> "ivan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > I have made Website that I would like feed back on
> > http://lingeriedirect.com.au/
> >
> > please give me feedback as this is my first website.. I would like to know
> > ways to improve it.

> Here's what it looks like in Lynx.
>
> LINGERIE DIRECT - LINGERIEDIRECT.COM.AU - Index (p1 of
> 3)
>

> style 3696
>
> style 3965
>
> style 6910
>
> style D1950
>
> style 4156 - see me in Baby-Doll pg-3

Leo! A brilliancy! All those husbands out there lovingly looking
for lovely lingerie for their wives - on a lynx browser (possibly
foolishly insisted upon by their wives) - will be unable to make
informed purchases.

--
dorayme

Leonard Blaisdell

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)>,
dorayme <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Leo! A brilliancy! All those husbands out there lovingly looking
> for lovely lingerie for their wives - on a lynx browser (possibly
> foolishly insisted upon by their wives) - will be unable to make
> informed purchases.

You hit the nail on the head. My wife insists that I view provocative
websites with Lynx. What can I do?
Sweetie is wearing a 3978907703 right now, and I don't have to tell you
how *hot* that is!

leo

--
<http://web0.greatbasin.net/~leo/>

hywel.jenkins@gmail.com

dorayme wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)> ,
> Hywel Jenkins <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > In article <4422f788$0$4662$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-
> > 01.iinet.net.au>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
> > > I have made Website that I would like feed back on
> > > http://lingeriedirect.com.au/
> > >
> > > please give me feedback as this is my first website.. I would like to know
> > > ways to improve it.
> > >

> > Either those are some of the weirdest looking girls ever, or you've
> > fscked up the graphics. Ah. Yes. You've fscked up the graphics.
> > Don't use HTML to resize them - do it properly.
> >

> Perhaps it was unintentional. But, if so or not, there is "a
> look" to it that is not so bad in an advertising, avant guardish,
> sort of way... It is hardly "weirdest ever" Mr. "Straight Man"
> Jenkins...

There's a look to everything. This site has a bad look that's not even
remotely avant garde. It's another amateur site that could have been
knocked together by any 12 year old with MS Word. It neither novel nor
experimental. It lacks polish and professionalism, yet it will
represent someone's business. A bad web site is worse than no web
site.

--
Hywel

dorayme

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)-sjc.supernews.net>,
Leonard Blaisdell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> In article
> <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> dorayme <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Leo! A brilliancy! All those husbands out there lovingly looking
> > for lovely lingerie for their wives - on a lynx browser (possibly
> > foolishly insisted upon by their wives) - will be unable to make
> > informed purchases.

> You hit the nail on the head. My wife insists that I view provocative
> websites with Lynx. What can I do?
> Sweetie is wearing a 3978907703 right now, and I don't have to tell you
> how *hot* that is!
>
> leo

No, you don't have to tell me. 3978907703 happens to be quite a
hit with me too.

--
dorayme

dorayme

In article
<(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> dorayme wrote:
> > In article <(E-Mail Removed)> ,
> > Hywel Jenkins <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> > > In article <4422f788$0$4662$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-
> > > 01.iinet.net.au>, (E-Mail Removed) says...

> > > Either those are some of the weirdest looking girls ever, or you've
> > > fscked up the graphics. Ah. Yes. You've fscked up the graphics.
> > > Don't use HTML to resize them - do it properly.
> > >

> > Perhaps it was unintentional. But, if so or not, there is "a
> > look" to it that is not so bad in an advertising, avant guardish,
> > sort of way... It is hardly "weirdest ever" Mr. "Straight Man"
> > Jenkins...

> There's a look to everything.

Sign to me you have misunderstood me...

>This site has a bad look that's not even
> remotely avant garde. It's another amateur site that could have been
> knocked together by any 12 year old with MS Word. It neither novel nor
> experimental. It lacks polish and professionalism, yet it will
> represent someone's business. A bad web site is worse than no web
> site.

I was talking only of the pics, the models looking thinner and
slightly distorted under the mark-up that you correctly
pin-pointed (I did not actually check, I just thought you were
surely right...). I have no wish to defend the site's look as a
whole. I enjoyed the distortions though.

You perhaps are not sure what I am talking about? At the
beginning and more often at the end of movies (eg. The Big
Country as Gregory Peck, Jean Simmons and the character Ramón
ride off into the distance away from the canyon, they lose the
proper realistic proportions and go tall and thin... this is a
deliberate look and immensely satisfying and interesting. There
are many examples of this in movies and other media.

--
dorayme

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, dorayme quothed:

> In article
> <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> > dorayme wrote:

> > > Perhaps it was unintentional. But, if so or not, there is "a
> > > look" to it that is not so bad in an advertising, avant guardish,
> > > sort of way... It is hardly "weirdest ever" Mr. "Straight Man"
> > > Jenkins...

> > There's a look to everything.

> Sign to me you have misunderstood me...
>
> >This site has a bad look that's not even
> > remotely avant garde. It's another amateur site that could have been
> > knocked together by any 12 year old with MS Word. It neither novel nor
> > experimental. It lacks polish and professionalism, yet it will
> > represent someone's business. A bad web site is worse than no web
> > site.

> I was talking only of the pics, the models looking thinner and
> slightly distorted under the mark-up that you correctly
> pin-pointed (I did not actually check, I just thought you were
> surely right...). I have no wish to defend the site's look as a
> whole. I enjoyed the distortions though.
>
> You perhaps are not sure what I am talking about? At the
> beginning and more often at the end of movies (eg. The Big
> Country as Gregory Peck, Jean Simmons and the character Ramón
> ride off into the distance away from the canyon, they lose the
> proper realistic proportions and go tall and thin... this is a
> deliberate look and immensely satisfying and interesting. There
> are many examples of this in movies and other media.

Uh, that is a horizontal compression of Cinemascope in preparation for
the format used for the ends titles.

--
Neredbojias

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, dorayme quothed:

> In article
> <(E-Mail Removed)-sjc.supernews.net>,
> Leonard Blaisdell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > In article
> > <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > dorayme <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> > > Leo! A brilliancy! All those husbands out there lovingly looking
> > > for lovely lingerie for their wives - on a lynx browser (possibly
> > > foolishly insisted upon by their wives) - will be unable to make
> > > informed purchases.

> > You hit the nail on the head. My wife insists that I view provocative
> > websites with Lynx. What can I do?
> > Sweetie is wearing a 3978907703 right now, and I don't have to tell you
> > how *hot* that is!
> >
> > leo

> No, you don't have to tell me. 3978907703 happens to be quite a
> hit with me too.

A number that big doesn't even fit on the lingerie I prefer.

--
Neredbojias

dorayme

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Neredbojias <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > You perhaps are not sure what I am talking about? At the
> > beginning and more often at the end of movies (eg. The Big
> > Country as Gregory Peck, Jean Simmons and the character Ramón
> > ride off into the distance away from the canyon, they lose the
> > proper realistic proportions and go tall and thin... this is a
> > deliberate look and immensely satisfying and interesting. There
> > are many examples of this in movies and other media.

> Uh, that is a horizontal compression of Cinemascope in preparation for
> the format used for the ends titles.

The films that do this, beginning and end (and perhaps elsewhere,
I forget) are produced deliberately with this. It is a point
where art and technology converge into a happy sublime marriage.
The elongation even added to the immensely romantic nature of
this film.

We need to compare notes, Boji, on a more pressing matter: how we
are respectively faring in BdeZ's kf? I am bearing up but am a
little stressed by the screams that are still emanating from the
lower chambers where you are. Are you ok? Try stretching
exercises, get a mirror, check the look.

--
dorayme

Jose

> At the
> beginning and more often at the end of movies (eg. The Big
> Country as Gregory Peck, Jean Simmons and the character Ramón
> ride off into the distance away from the canyon, they lose the
> proper realistic proportions and go tall and thin... this is a
> deliberate look and immensely satisfying and interesting. There
> are many examples of this in movies and other media.

Are you watching them in their original format, or on TV? On TV, they
lose the cropping and simply don't decinemascope it, so that all the
words of the credits can be seen. During the film, it's pan and scan.

So, if you are seeing this on TV, it is not a choice the director made.

Jose
--
Nothing takes longer than a shortcut.

dorayme

In article <Qh2Vf.21686$(E-Mail Removed) >,
Jose <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > At the
> > beginning and more often at the end of movies (eg. The Big
> > Country as Gregory Peck, Jean Simmons and the character Ramón
> > ride off into the distance away from the canyon, they lose the
> > proper realistic proportions and go tall and thin... this is a
> > deliberate look and immensely satisfying and interesting. There
> > are many examples of this in movies and other media.

> Are you watching them in their original format, or on TV? On TV, they
> lose the cropping and simply don't decinemascope it, so that all the
> words of the credits can be seen. During the film, it's pan and scan.
>
> So, if you are seeing this on TV, it is not a choice the director made.

Yes, I must confess, the last 5 times I saw this film, it was on
DVD on a TV. But I am sure I have seen this sort of thing at the
movies on big screens too. Maybe with different films....

Better look into this business and get back to you all.

In the meantime, if you can trust me, I have a theory about art
that says that the intentions of the artist is not so
important... But if I begin to explain this, Mr. Flavell will
only roll his eyes and the chamber that holds me in BdeZ's
killfile will tighten further (I am a claustraphobic and it is
dangerous for me).

--
dorayme