Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > border: solid #eda;

border: solid #eda;

Gufus

Hi Group...

I've seen instances of people using "letters" for colors in CCS, like the
example below.

border: solid #eda;

How can I turn this color or any numerals color into "letters"?

#0069be;

Gufus

(E-Mail Removed)
http://www.gypsy-designs.com

.... History is a set of lies agreed upon by the victors

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Gufus
<(E-Mail Removed)> declared in alt.html:

> border: solid #eda;

Equivalent to #EEDDAA.

> How can I turn this color or any numerals color into "letters"?

You can't. Read up on hexadecimal numbers.

--
Mark Parnell

Now implementing http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html

Jonathan N. Little

Mark Parnell wrote:
> Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Gufus
> <(E-Mail Removed)> declared in alt.html:
>
>> border: solid #eda;

> Equivalent to #EEDDAA.
>
>> How can I turn this color or any numerals color into "letters"?

> You can't. Read up on hexadecimal numbers.

#fff, #ffffff white

The color is in hexadecimal encoding

#EEDDAA means

0xEE of red
0xDD of green
0xAA of blue

or rgb(238, 221, 170)

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Gufus

Hi Jonathan,

Wednesday March 22 2006, Jonathan N. Little writes to Mark Parnell:

> From: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
> The color is in hexadecimal encoding

Okay, thanks. I kinna knew already, just wanted to make sure.

Gufus

(E-Mail Removed)
http://www.gypsy-designs.com

.... Any non-trivial program contains at least one bug.

Gufus

Hi Jonathan,

Wednesday March 22 2006, Jonathan N. Little writes to Mark Parnell:

> From: (E-Mail Removed)
> The color is in hexadecimal encoding
> #EEDDAA means
> 0xEE of red
> 0xDD of green
> 0xAA of blue
> or rgb(238, 221, 170)

I guess scrap the hexadecimal format hu... I was just wondering why this
programer was using that format.

Gufus

(E-Mail Removed)
http://www.gypsy-designs.com

.... Format another (Y/N)?

Jonathan N. Little

Gufus wrote:
> Hi Jonathan,
>
> Wednesday March 22 2006, Jonathan N. Little writes to Mark Parnell:
>
> > From: (E-Mail Removed)
> > The color is in hexadecimal encoding
> > #EEDDAA means
> > 0xEE of red
> > 0xDD of green
> > 0xAA of blue
> > or rgb(238, 221, 170)

> I guess scrap the hexadecimal format hu... I was just wondering why this
> programer was using that format.

Not sure what your are asking here, what programmer?

A little research goes a long way...

http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/syndata.html#value-def-color

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------

Thursday March 23 2006, Jonathan N. Little writes to Gufus:

> From: (E-Mail Removed)
> Not sure what your are asking here, what programmer?

Just someone told me use #eda; (thats all)

> http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/syndata.html#value-def-color

Thanks Jonathan for all the great links... I know I could have Google it.

Gufus

(E-Mail Removed)
http://www.gypsy-designs.com

.... DO NOT ADJUST YOUR MIND - The fault is with reality.

Solid line - need to start 15px in tshad HTML 21 05-22-2005 07:08 PM
jdbc and solid flupke Java 1 08-27-2004 07:46 AM
solid edge sirkilogram Microsoft Certification 0 03-02-2004 06:32 PM
Solid Lights on Cisco 350 AP Robboboy Cisco 1 12-17-2003 03:05 PM
Tables with solid black borders? Michael Wilcox HTML 3 07-07-2003 01:30 AM

Advertisments