Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: drop down

Re: drop down

Gufus

Hi dorayme,

Wednesday March 22 2006, dorayme writes to Gufus:

> From: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

> Hello Gufus, you mean what do I think about the page not
> taking account of how it is coded? How it is layed out

I guess the code, all the css stuff. I'm just trying to get a opinion on the
coding, at one time, with all the tables I'm using another programer said
everything is overlapping on the layout. I'm not sure what he meant by
overlapping.. it looks fine in IE,FF,Netscape and Opera. I know I have my
links on top of a backgroung image, but thats the way I wanted it.

Gufus

(E-Mail Removed)
http://www.gypsy-designs.com

.... Reading the small print is education; not reading it is experience.

dorayme

In article <(E-Mail Removed)134.z1.fidonet.org>,
(E-Mail Removed) (Gufus) wrote:

> Hi dorayme,
>
> Wednesday March 22 2006, dorayme writes to Gufus:
>
> > From: (E-Mail Removed)

> > Hello Gufus, you mean what do I think about the page not
> > taking account of how it is coded? How it is layed out

> I guess the code, all the css stuff. I'm just trying to get a opinion on the
> coding, at one time, with all the tables I'm using another programer said
> everything is overlapping on the layout. I'm not sure what he meant by
> overlapping.. it looks fine in IE,FF,Netscape and Opera. I know I have my
> links on top of a backgroung image, but thats the way I wanted it.
>

> Gufus
>
> (E-Mail Removed)
> http://www.gypsy-designs.com

I've lost the original url you wanted if it is different to
http://www.gypsy-designs.com This latter looks much better than
the other the one you wanted, neater. Punters probably love all
this rollover stuff (not me though! but, then, I have absurdly
small expectations of a website and often find myself dying of
overload)

Your text, "A Web site runs a program called a Web server that
allows it to process requests for information, such as a request
for a document." look wrong to me. None of my websites have ever
done this, at least not that I know about?

Perhaps you should at last become familiar with the idea of
separating content (expressed in the html) from the style
(expressed in css). The evidence of your code suggests you are
not onto this concept.

Perhaps you could read http://www.alistapart.com/stories/journey/

And maybe hang about here to see what is said to get the idea.

How do you write up your stuff? You use font tags and center tags
and this is puzzling if you are not using some wsiwig generator.
Perhaps you are working from old html books?

--
dorayme