Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Long text in a table does not wrap?

Long text in a table does not wrap?

Simon

>> I am not going to stop them from outputting something on the screen
>> because you don't know how to control malicious code.

> I have no idea of what you are babbling about. I notice that you keep
> using a
> forged From field. Please do not stop doing so before you have a clue.

And I see that you carefully ignored all my replies, thanks.

So now you choose to move on my "from field". Why? Do you want to send me an
email?
How many people do you know that don't change the from field to prevent
spam?

Simon

Richard Rundle

"Simon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> >> I am not going to stop them from outputting something on the screen
> >> because you don't know how to control malicious code.

> > I have no idea of what you are babbling about. I notice that you keep
> > using a
> > forged From field. Please do not stop doing so before you have a clue.
> >

> And I see that you carefully ignored all my replies, thanks.
>
> So now you choose to move on my "from field". Why? Do you want to send me

an
> email?
> How many people do you know that don't change the from field to prevent
> spam?

Around here, I would say most of the regulars have valid from fields.

--
Richard

Jim Moe

Simon wrote:

> The problem is many fold. First I run a blog host site, so the user can
> enter what they want, (and I don't want to stop them).
> Sometimes they enter links that are 200 characters long or things like "I am
> soooooooooo.[x200chars]..ooo bored"

For each of the message's <p> elements apply the style
"overflow:hidden", at least for the main page listing. This is easily
accomplished with CSS.
The other suggestions require that you scan and modify each message.

(Remove .AXSPAMGN for email)

Simon

>> And I see that you carefully ignored all my replies, thanks.
>>
>> So now you choose to move on my "from field". Why? Do you want to send me

> an
>> email?
>> How many people do you know that don't change the from field to prevent
>> spam?
>>

> Around here, I would say most of the regulars have valid from fields.

I see that now, but it is a common practice to use example.com
I also don't get, "I notice that you keep using a forged From field. Please
do not stop doing so before you have a clue."

What is that supposed to mean?

Simon

Richard Rundle

"Simon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> >> And I see that you carefully ignored all my replies, thanks.
> >>
> >> So now you choose to move on my "from field". Why? Do you want to send

me
> > an
> >> email?
> >> How many people do you know that don't change the from field to prevent
> >> spam?
> >>

> > Around here, I would say most of the regulars have valid from fields.
> >

> I see that now, but it is a common practice to use example.com

It's not as far as I'm aware. Would YOU like it if you were the domain owner
of example.com and had to filter out everyone else's spam ?

--
Richard

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Richard Rundle wrote:

>> I see that now, but it is a common practice to use example.com

> It's not as far as I'm aware. Would YOU like it if you were the domain owner
> of example.com and had to filter out everyone else's spam ?

Please go to: http://example.com/

No real person uses that domain (com/net/org), it is reserved for things
just like this.

--
-bts
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer

Simon

>> I see that now, but it is a common practice to use example.com

> It's not as far as I'm aware. Would YOU like it if you were the domain
> owner
> of example.com and had to filter out everyone else's spam ?

http://www.example.com, http://www.example.net and www.example.org are
reserved domains
see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc2606.txt

Simon

Richard Rundle

"Simon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> >> I see that now, but it is a common practice to use example.com

> > It's not as far as I'm aware. Would YOU like it if you were the domain
> > owner
> > of example.com and had to filter out everyone else's spam ?
> >

> http://www.example.com, http://www.example.net and www.example.org are
> reserved domains
> see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc2606.txt
>
> Simon

OK, I knew about .invalid as a reserved TLD for making it obvious that it
was not a real domain, but not example.com etc. (To nitpick, it's
example.com that's a reserved domain, not http://www.example.com, as per
Beauregard's response). Apologies for my error.

Still there is (I believe) a RFC that specifies valid live email addresses
for the From: field, although I don't know which one it is at the moment.

--
Richard

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Richard Rundle wrote:

> (To nitpick, it's example.com that's a reserved domain, not
> http://www.example.com, as per Beauregard's response).

It is example.com (or .net or .org) that is the reserved domain name. I
gave you a clickable link to it so you could see for yourself.

--
-bts
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Richard Rundle
<(E-Mail Removed)> declared in alt.html:

> Still there is (I believe) a RFC that specifies valid live email addresses
> for the From: field, although I don't know which one it is at the moment.

RFC 1036.
"The "From" line contains the electronic mailing address of the person
who sent the message"
http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1036.html

--
Mark Parnell