Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Redirect POST Information

Redirect POST Information

rkthomas65@gmail.com

I am trying to sit between my form and an external form processing
company. The 3rd party does not do field validation. They will only
accept http post requests.

What I want to do is have the user enter form data. Post to my page to
validate the data then seamlessly post the data to the 3rd party
without having the user have to click twice.

Is there an HTML command that will do this?

I have tried:

<META HTTP-EQUIV=Refresh CONTENT="0; URL=https://www.3rd-party.com">

but it is not working correctly.

Any ideas?

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) writing in
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com:

> I am trying to sit between my form and an external form processing
> company. The 3rd party does not do field validation. They will only
> accept http post requests.
>
> What I want to do is have the user enter form data. Post to my page to
> validate the data then seamlessly post the data to the 3rd party
> without having the user have to click twice.
>
> Is there an HTML command that will do this?

No.

> I have tried:
>
><META HTTP-EQUIV=Refresh CONTENT="0; URL=https://www.3rd-party.com">
>
> but it is not working correctly.

That's the GET method, obviously doesn't work.

> Any ideas?

XMLHTTP, Google for it, lots of examples.

--
Adrienne Boswell
http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info

Jim Higson

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> I am trying to sit between my form and an external form processing
> company. The 3rd party does not do field validation. They will only
> accept http post requests.
>
> What I want to do is have the user enter form data. Post to my page to
> validate the data then seamlessly post the data to the 3rd party
> without having the user have to click twice.
>
> Is there an HTML command that will do this?
>
> I have tried:
>
> <META HTTP-EQUIV=Refresh CONTENT="0; URL=https://www.3rd-party.com">
>
> but it is not working correctly.
>
> Any ideas?

Send the validated request from your server to the 3rd party server in
response to the request from the browser, and then send the browser
whatever HTML the 3rd party server sent your server.

--
Jim