Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Bullet Points

Bullet Points

Rudiga

Hi

I am having trouble with my bullet points.

I am trying to get my bullet points to be like this:

* nkjnsjdnjkndfs
jkbnjkebnjkbnjkn
jhjkjkhnjhjkjkj

* bjkfdbjhbhjbdhb
jnjkndsjnjk

By default it looks like this

nkjnsjdnjkndfs
jkbnjkebnjkbnjkn
* jhjkjkhnjhjkjkj

bjkfdbjhbhjbdhb
* jnjkndsjnjk

and if i insert a table within the bullet point i get it like this;

nkjnsjdnjkndfs
* jkbnjkebnjkbnjkn
jhjkjkhnjhjkjkj

(ie in the middle of the text)

Can anyone help?

Rudiga

Rudiga

Sorry, by default it looks like this;

* nkjnsjdnjkndfs
jkbnjkebnjkbnjkn
jhjkjkhnjhjkjkj

* bjkfdbjhbhjbdhb
jnjkndsjnjk

"Rudiga" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:5TcSf.2100$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> I am having trouble with my bullet points.
>
> I am trying to get my bullet points to be like this:
>
> * nkjnsjdnjkndfs
> jkbnjkebnjkbnjkn
> jhjkjkhnjhjkjkj
>
> * bjkfdbjhbhjbdhb
> jnjkndsjnjk
>
> By default it looks like this
>
> nkjnsjdnjkndfs
> jkbnjkebnjkbnjkn
> * jhjkjkhnjhjkjkj
>
> bjkfdbjhbhjbdhb
> * jnjkndsjnjk
>
> and if i insert a table within the bullet point i get it like this;
>
> nkjnsjdnjkndfs
> * jkbnjkebnjkbnjkn
> jhjkjkhnjhjkjkj
>
> (ie in the middle of the text)
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> Rudiga

Arne

Once upon a time *Rudiga* wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am having trouble with my bullet points.

Give an url to a page where your bullets are wrong, sp we can see what
you are doing to make them looking wrong. Your examples don't show anything.

--
/Arne

Why bottom-posting is better than top-posting
http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

Rudiga

I cant show you the actual page as it isnt online. The code i am using for
this part is this;

<li style="list-style-position: inside"><xsl:apply-templates/></li>

I basically dont want the text to wrap around underneath the bullet point.

Rudiga

"Arne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Once upon a time *Rudiga* wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I am having trouble with my bullet points.

> Give an url to a page where your bullets are wrong, sp we can see what
> you are doing to make them looking wrong. Your examples don't show
> anything.
>
> --
> /Arne
>
> Why bottom-posting is better than top-posting
> http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

Arne

Once upon a time *Rudiga* wrote:
> I cant show you the actual page as it isnt online. The code i am using for
> this part is this;
>
> <li style="list-style-position: inside"><xsl:apply-templates/></li>
>
> I basically dont want the text to wrap around underneath the bullet point.

Well, then don't "list-style-position: inside" if you don't like it.

Position "outside" is the default (marker is placed outside the text,
and any wrapping text is *not* aligned under the marker.

Position "inside" place the marker "inside" the text and any wrapping
text *is* aligned under the marker.

--
/Arne

Why bottom-posting is better than top-posting
http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

Jim Moe

Rudiga wrote:

> I am having trouble with my bullet points.
>
> By default it looks like this
>
> nkjnsjdnjkndfs
> jkbnjkebnjkbnjkn
> * jhjkjkhnjhjkjkj