Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > OT - CSS

OT - CSS

Adrienne Boswell

I was at the play area in the local mall today with my 28 month old and I
now have a new definition of CSS - Cascading Scream Syndrome - where one
toddler screams and all others in ear shot follow suit.

--
Adrienne Boswell

Spartanicus

Adrienne Boswell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I was at the play area in the local mall today with my 28 month old and I
>now have a new definition of CSS - Cascading Scream Syndrome - where one
>toddler screams and all others in ear shot follow suit.

That's not cascading, it's overflow behaviour and apparently the Infant
Elements in your mall suffer from a bug that causes a bump on effect in
neighboring IEs.

--
Spartanicus

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Adrienne Boswell quothed:

> I was at the play area in the local mall today with my 28 month old and I
> now have a new definition of CSS - Cascading Scream Syndrome - where one
> toddler screams and all others in ear shot follow suit.

Sounds a lot like alt.html.

--
Neredbojias

dorayme

In article <Xns978874FDD129arbpenyahoocom@69.28.186.121>,
Adrienne Boswell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I was at the play area in the local mall today with my 28 month old and I
> now have a new definition of CSS - Cascading Scream Syndrome - where one
> toddler screams and all others in ear shot follow suit.

Amazing how high the frequencies toddlers can reach...

(Here is another one for your pastor, Adrienne:
http://dorayme.150m.com/jokes/godIsWatching.html)

--
dorayme

Toby Inkster

http://www.tech-sol.net/humor/animal3.htm

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

PeterMcC

Toby Inkster wrote in
<(E-Mail Removed)5n.co.uk>

> dorayme wrote:
>
>> (Here is another one for your pastor, Adrienne:
>> http://dorayme.150m.com/jokes/godIsWatching.html)

> http://www.tech-sol.net/humor/animal3.htm

Liked the joke but wasn't too keen on:

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"
src="http://prompt.zangocash.com/js/a172a171/a274a074.js"></script>

--
PeterMcC
inappropriate or offensive in any way,

dorayme

In article <(E-Mail Removed)5n.co.uk>,
Toby Inkster <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> dorayme wrote:
>
> > (Here is another one for your pastor, Adrienne:
> > http://dorayme.150m.com/jokes/godIsWatching.html)

> http://www.tech-sol.net/humor/animal3.htm

A couple of points. Be careful of giving this one to your pastor,
it can lead in two "unhealthy" directions: (1) Parrot jokes and
(2) Rottweiller jokes. At least that is so, judging from my
collections. The only person on alt.html that I would feel
comfortable in sending some of my latter ones is a resident
pirate.

The other point, a question? When I go to
http://dorayme.150m.com/jokes/godIsWatching.html in Safari for
the first time in a session, I get the source code! When I
refresh I get the website page. This happens on quite a few of
the pages on this particular host.

the rest is the host's)

--
dorayme

David Graham

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)5n.co.uk>,
> Toby Inkster <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > dorayme wrote:
> >
> > > (Here is another one for your pastor, Adrienne:
> > > http://dorayme.150m.com/jokes/godIsWatching.html)

> > http://www.tech-sol.net/humor/animal3.htm

> A couple of points. Be careful of giving this one to your pastor,
> it can lead in two "unhealthy" directions: (1) Parrot jokes and
> (2) Rottweiller jokes. At least that is so, judging from my
> collections. The only person on alt.html that I would feel
> comfortable in sending some of my latter ones is a resident
> pirate.
>
> The other point, a question? When I go to
> http://dorayme.150m.com/jokes/godIsWatching.html in Safari for
> the first time in a session, I get the source code! When I
> refresh I get the website page. This happens on quite a few of
> the pages on this particular host.

> the rest is the host's)
>
> --
> dorayme

Hi dorayme
You seem like a nice bloke so I will give you a tip about free web hosting
that I think is good
http://www.unssfree.com
You have to apply for a place with them but it is simple thing to do. If
they like your request you get free hosting including php and mysql without
hosting code all over your site
bye
David

dorayme

In article <b2bTf.4690$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"David Graham" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "dorayme" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> > The other point, a question? When I go to
> > http://dorayme.150m.com/jokes/godIsWatching.html in Safari for
> > the first time in a session, I get the source code! When I
> > refresh I get the website page. This happens on quite a few of
> > the pages on this particular host.

> > the rest is the host's)

> Hi dorayme
> You seem like a nice bloke so I will give you a tip about free web hosting
> that I think is good
> http://www.unssfree.com
> You have to apply for a place with them but it is simple thing to do. If
> they like your request you get free hosting including php and mysql without
> hosting code all over your site
> bye
> David

I made a thoughtless choice of free web hosting way back...

When I began on these ngs, I was worried about being trampled by
spam and worse... I had fears, I am a nervous visitor to this
planet... And so thought the safest thing was to use something
like 150m.com... but it is rather confusing for some purposes
where html and css issues are concerned.

I will check out the one you mention, many thanks...

--
dorayme