Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: drop down

Re: drop down

dorayme

In article <(E-Mail Removed)5n.co.uk>,
Toby Inkster <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> saz wrote:
> > http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says:
> >
> >> Jesus talks about poor schmucks (but perhaps not in these
> >> terms... although.... although.... when one thinks about it... He
> >> was Jewish! And who knows what He said off camera?)

> > I'm not sure exactly what that was all about, but are you slamming Jews?

> I don't think so. I think dorayme meant that the word "schmuck" is
> Yiddish, so may have been a word that Jesus might have used, being Jewish.
>
> That said, although it has some Hebrew influence, Yiddish actually has
> Germanic roots, and split from mainstream German in about the 13th century
> -- well after the time that Christ may have contemplated the cause of
> schmucks.
>
> The primary Jewish language 2000 years ago was, and still is today, Hebrew.
>
> That said, I don't think dorayme was being entirely serious.

No, I don't think he or she was either...

(

Talking about schmucks, surely here is a good ostensive
definition:

The person who made grey print on grey background at
http://onegoodmove.org/1gm/1gmarchive/cat_chess.html

)

--
dorayme

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

dorayme wrote:

> Talking about schmucks, surely here is a good ostensive
> definition:
>
> The person who made grey print on grey background at
> http://onegoodmove.org/1gm/1gmarchive/cat_chess.html

Oh yuck.

<center>
Not only grey on grey, but it goes on *forever*!
</center>

--
-bts
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer