Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > drop down

drop down

saz

In article <(E-Mail Removed)134.z1.fidonet.org>,
> Hi saz,
>
> Sunday March 12 2006, saz writes to All:
>
> > From: (E-Mail Removed)
> > If I were you, I would spend time on redesigning the page
> > before I worried about drop down menus for this site.

> I wish... got other clients to worry about first.
>
> http://www.gypsy-designs.com/pro
>
> username: view
> password: 22street
>
> Gufus
>
> (E-Mail Removed)
> http://www.gypsy-designs.com
>
> ... You will forget that you ever knew me.

Frames on this site??? Why? Now I see, WYSIWYG Editor. Learn how to
code!

Your business website is the first thing the potential customer will
notice. You should make *that* your priority. From what your portfolio
shows, you don't appear to be very busy.

First impressions stick, and your business website makes a lousy first
impression.

Gufus

Hi saz,

Sunday March 12 2006, saz writes to All:

> From: (E-Mail Removed)
> Your business website is the first thing the potential
> customer will notice. You should make *that* your priority.

But of course.. Think I don't know that.

> First impressions stick, and your business website makes a
> lousy first impression.

Easy to criticize, isn't it.

Gufus

(E-Mail Removed)
http://www.gypsy-designs.com

.... How was Thomas J. Watson buried? 9 edge down.

saz

In article <(E-Mail Removed)134.z1.fidonet.org>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Hi saz,
>
> Sunday March 12 2006, saz writes to All:
>
> > From: (E-Mail Removed)
> > Your business website is the first thing the potential
> > customer will notice. You should make *that* your priority.

> But of course.. Think I don't know that.

Obviously not, or it would look better.

> > First impressions stick, and your business website makes a
> > lousy first impression.

> Easy to criticize, isn't it.

Yes, especially when I see the garbage you pass for website design.

You forgot to my other observation:

"From what your portfolio shows, you don't appear to be very busy."

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Kevin Klement quothed:

> Afternoon group...
>
> I'm learning drop down menus..
>
> old:
> http://www.gypsy-designs.com/credits.html
>
> new:
> http://www.gypsy-designs.com/example[2].html
>
> Opinions?

Yeah, the second one's much better.

As others have opined, though, I'd do a redesign - and get rid of the
tables. (You don't really need them.) The page isn't that far away
from looking really good.

--
Neredbojias

Toby Inkster

dorayme wrote:

> I will give you my only remaining Polish joke.

What if he doesn't speak Polish?

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Jim Higson

Gufus wrote:

> Hi Jim,
>
> Sunday March 12 2006, Jim Higson writes to Humanioad:
>
> > From: (E-Mail Removed)

> > Kevin Klement wrote:
> > Can't get the second one. Is that URL valid?

> Should, works here.

I can't quote specs, but I don't think chars like [ and ] are allowed in
URLs. I might be wrong, or it might just be that your newsreader/browser
combination corrects it somewhere along the way.

--
Jim

Hywel Jenkins

In article <(E-Mail Removed)134.z1.fidonet.org>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Hi Hywel,
>
> Sunday March 12 2006, Hywel Jenkins writes to Humanioad:
>
> > From: (E-Mail Removed)
> > None on the menus, but you should focus on sorting your
> > design & layout first. It doesn't work.

> Hu?
>
> You sure it's not working?

I didn't say it wasn't working. I said I had no comments to make on
them.

--

Hywel
http://kibo.org.uk/

Gufus

Hi Neredbojias,

Sunday March 12 2006, Neredbojias writes to Humanioad:

> From: (E-Mail Removed)
> Yeah, the second one's much better.

Hehehe... my first coding of a drop down menu was pretty bad, I was actually
using the <form> tag. <grin>

> As others have opined, though, I'd do a redesign - and get
> rid of the tables. (You don't really need them.) The page
> isn't that far away from looking really good.

I've been writing tables for years now, I'm looking for your input, what do
you suggest using instead of tables?

Gufus

(E-Mail Removed)
http://www.gypsy-designs.com

.... DIVORCE =system("echo y| erase \wife\*.*" );

Gufus

Hi Jim,

Monday March 13 2006, Jim Higson writes to Gufus:

> From: (E-Mail Removed)
> I can't quote specs, but I don't think chars like [ and ]
> are allowed in URLs. I might be wrong, or it might just be

IE and Opera worked using "[]" in the url.

Firefox and Netscape changed it to.

http://www.gypsy-designs.com/example%5B2%5D.html

Gufus

(E-Mail Removed)
http://www.gypsy-designs.com

.... Needs are a function of what other people have.

Gufus

Hi Toby,

Monday March 13 2006, Toby Inkster writes to dorayme:

> From: (E-Mail Removed)
> What if he doesn't speak Polish?

I don't.

Gufus

(E-Mail Removed)
http://www.gypsy-designs.com

.... Executive ability is prominent in your make-up.