Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Nested floats stacking in small window with IE?

Nested floats stacking in small window with IE?

Leif K-Brooks

I'm working on a relatively complicated layout which has a right-floated
menu with left-floated menu items inside it. This works fine in all of
the Web browsers I've tried, but in Internet Explorer the menu items
start to stack in small windows as though there isn't enough space, even
though there is. Does anyone know what the issue could be? The URL is
<http://ecritters.biz/laterna/>.

Thanks in advance.

W˙rm

"Leif K-Brooks" <(E-Mail Removed)> kirjoitti
viestissä:44147e1d$0$3702$(E-Mail Removed). ..

<snip>
>in Internet Explorer the menu items start to stack in small windows as
>though there isn't enough space, even though there is.

Maybe your sould set your #nav to have some width, after all it's floated
to right. That should take care of the problem for IE. Didn't test it
though, but I think that should probably do it as long as it's set wide
enough for those three Create, Search and Share links.

<snip>

> <http://ecritters.biz/laterna/>.

Leif K-Brooks

W˙rm wrote:
> Maybe your sould set your #nav to have some width, after all it's floated
> to right. That should take care of the problem for IE.

Thanks a lot; that seems to have done the trick.

Nik Coughlin

Leif K-Brooks wrote:
> I'm working on a relatively complicated layout which has a
> right-floated menu with left-floated menu items inside it. This works
> fine in all of the Web browsers I've tried, but in Internet Explorer
> the menu items start to stack in small windows as though there isn't
> enough space, even though there is. Does anyone know what the issue
> could be? The URL is <http://ecritters.biz/laterna/>.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Google "float drop"