Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > CSS Color Not Working

CSS Color Not Working

terry

Hello,

I'm confused (but that's my normal state). I have a file named
skins1.css which contains the following 2 entries. I assign LnkShopFor
to a link and it works great ... except the color. If I change the
font-size in the css file then the font-size in IE changes ... so I know
IE is reading the css information. I should say that the issue is with
IE and not FF. If I assign LnkRedHome then it all works just fine
including the color. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
I'm testing on this page ...
http://www.4everhers.com/4store/pc/0...nsubscribe.asp

A.LnkShopFor {
color : #003366;
font-size: 10pt;
background : transparent;
text-decoration : none;
font-style: normal;
font-weight: bold;
}
A.LnkRedHome {
color : #C16162;
font-size: 10pt;
background : transparent;
text-decoration : underline;
font-style: normal;
font-weight: bold;
}

*Disclaimer: *
My site contains images of women in lingerie.
http://www.4everhers.com

Thanks,
Terry

terry

terry wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm confused (but that's my normal state). I have a file named
> skins1.css which contains the following 2 entries. I assign LnkShopFor
> to a link and it works great ... except the color. If I change the
> font-size in the css file then the font-size in IE changes ... so I know
> IE is reading the css information. I should say that the issue is with
> IE and not FF. If I assign LnkRedHome then it all works just fine
> including the color. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
> I'm testing on this page ...
> http://www.4everhers.com/4store/pc/0...nsubscribe.asp
>
> A.LnkShopFor {
> color : #003366;
> font-size: 10pt;
> background : transparent;
> text-decoration : none;
> font-style: normal;
> font-weight: bold;
> }
> A.LnkRedHome {
> color : #C16162;
> font-size: 10pt;
> background : transparent;
> text-decoration : underline;
> font-style: normal;
> font-weight: bold;
> }
>
> *Disclaimer: *
> My site contains images of women in lingerie.
> http://www.4everhers.com
>
> Thanks,
> Terry

Typo -- Filename is skin1.css

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed terry <RE_MOVE_THIS_terryb@
4everhers.com> writing in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I'm confused (but that's my normal state). I have a file named
> skins1.css which contains the following 2 entries. I assign LnkShopFor
> to a link and it works great ... except the color. If I change the
> font-size in the css file then the font-size in IE changes ... so I know
> IE is reading the css information. I should say that the issue is with
> IE and not FF. If I assign LnkRedHome then it all works just fine
> including the color. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
> I'm testing on this page ...
> http://www.4everhers.com/4store/pc/0...nsubscribe.asp

What exactly doesn't work about the color? Is it supposed to change color
on hover? If so, it does not do so in Opera or Firefox.

That's a very complicated stylesheet you have there, with some unusual
classes, eg. style2 or style22, and some very bloated markup. Is this
something you inherited?

--
Adrienne Boswell
http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info

Jim Moe

terry wrote:

> I'm confused (but that's my normal state). I have a file named
> skins1.css which contains the following 2 entries. I assign LnkShopFor
> to a link and it works great ... except the color. If I change the
> font-size in the css file then the font-size in IE changes ... so I know
> IE is reading the css information. I should say that the issue is with
> IE and not FF. If I assign LnkRedHome then it all works just fine
> including the color.

Well, the page you offer is too complicated to guess with which parts
you are having trouble. You use LnkShopFor in a few places, at least one
place where it is overridden by style34.
Provide a test case and URL that demonstrates the problem.

(Remove .AXSPAMGN for email)

Toby Inkster

terry wrote:

> A.LnkShopFor