Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > . how to dynamiclayy display a web page's url ?

. how to dynamiclayy display a web page's url ?

baaa

hi

this is my first post
also css-html newbie

but got a bunch of web pages

is it possible
sans javascript

automatically
automagically
dynamically

post on every and each web page
the URL thereof

just by writing some external CSS
?

as u can see
i am the laziest webpage developer there is.!
--

baaa

Jim Moe

baaa wrote:

> is it possible
> sans javascript
>
> to post on every and each web page
> the URL thereof

The URL is already displayed in the URL bar. Why duplicate it in the page?

(Remove .AXSPAMGN for email)

Jose

> The URL is already displayed in the URL bar. Why duplicate it in the page?

Is it reliable? Even through redirection?

Jose

Toby Inkster

Jose wrote:

>> The URL is already displayed in the URL bar.

> Is it reliable? Even through redirection?

Of course it is.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Jose

>>>The URL is already displayed in the URL bar.
>> Is it reliable? Even through redirection?

> Of course it is.

Uh... not really. I have a page at an .org address, and the .com
redirects there. If I enter the .com in my browser, the .org page
shows, but the title bar shows .com.

Jose

Toby Inkster

Jose wrote:

> Uh... not really. I have a page at an .org address, and the .com
> redirects there. If I enter the .com in my browser, the .org page
> shows, but the title bar shows .com.

If the ".com" shows in the address bar, then you're still looking at the
".com" website. Of course, it may be that the ".com" website looks the
same as the ".org" website.

The only (semi-)exception to this rule is with framesets. With framesets,
your browser is simultaneously displaying at least two documents -- the
address bar only displays the address of one of these (the main frameset
document).

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Jonathan N. Little

Jose wrote:

>>> Is it reliable? Even through redirection?

>> Of course it is.

> Uh... not really. I have a page at an .org address, and the .com
> redirects there. If I enter the .com in my browser, the .org page
> shows, but the title bar shows .com.

Sure, dual registration, both domain names point to the same server
folder, prime example http://www.whois.org/ and http://www.whois.net/

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Jose

> If the ".com" shows in the address bar, then you're still looking at the
> ".com" website.

There's only one page - it is the .org page. .com is set up as a
redirect. Maybe the OP wants (in this example, for example) to indicate
that the page's "true" address is .org. (to the extent that "true" has
any meaning).

I've also heard (but don't know) that the address bar is vulnerable to
alteration via scripts. True or false?

Jose

Toby Inkster

Jose wrote:

> There's only one page - it is the .org page. .com is set up as a
> redirect.

If it redirects, then the address bar will reflect this by changing.

If the address bar doesn't change, then it hasn't redirected.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Jose

> If it redirects, then the address bar will reflect this by changing.
>
> If the address bar doesn't change, then it hasn't redirected.

Ok, then what does happen? There's only one file on the server. It can
be reached either of two ways.

Jose