Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > left align within centre align

left align within centre align

Paul Lautman

Hi there,
I am trying to build a form that'll have 2 radio buttons aligned within the
form that is centre aligned.

I can't figure out how to keep the radio buttons in the correct place within
the form.

If you take a look at http://www.stjamesmilton.org.uk/email.htm I actually
want the buttons to stay under the "y" of type, regardless of the width of
the browser window.

Any pointers gratefully received.

TIA
Regards
Paul

Travis Newbury

Paul Lautman wrote:
> Hi there,
> I am trying to build a form that'll have 2 radio buttons aligned within the
> form that is centre aligned.

Take them out of their private cell

geniolatenio

On Fri, 3 Mar 2006 12:45:08 -0000, "Paul Lautman"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I can't figure out how to keep the radio buttons in the correct place within
>the form.
>
>If you take a look at http://www.stjamesmilton.org.uk/email.htm I actually
>want the buttons to stay under the "y" of type, regardless of the width of
>the browser window.

Well, you could probably fix the thing with css, but since you coded
the page using tables - an I love tables - here's my tip.

A solution is a 2 cells - 2 rows table with the "What type" sentence
in a 2-spanning cell in the first row and the buttons in the second
cell of the following row, while in the first cell you specify the
width in pixels.

Mmmm.. easier to show you the code than describing it..

message do you wish to send?</label></td>
value="1">Enquiry about church matters<br><input name="whoto"
type="radio" value="2">Feedback on web site</td>

Hope it helps,

geniolatenio

Bye

geniolatenio

Paul Lautman

geniolatenio wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Mar 2006 12:45:08 -0000, "Paul Lautman"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I can't figure out how to keep the radio buttons in the correct
>> place within the form.
>>
>> If you take a look at http://www.stjamesmilton.org.uk/email.htm I
>> actually want the buttons to stay under the "y" of type, regardless
>> of the width of the browser window.

> Well, you could probably fix the thing with css, but since you coded
> the page using tables - an I love tables - here's my tip.
>
> A solution is a 2 cells - 2 rows table with the "What type" sentence
> in a 2-spanning cell in the first row and the buttons in the second
> cell of the following row, while in the first cell you specify the
> width in pixels.
>
> Mmmm.. easier to show you the code than describing it..

> message do you wish to send?</label></td>
> value="1">Enquiry about church matters<br><input name="whoto"
> type="radio" value="2">Feedback on web site</td>
>
> Hope it helps,
>
> geniolatenio
>
> Bye
>
> geniolatenio

Cheers for that. I was almost there but I had the label outside rather than
inside the table.

Help on table align on left of page vs left hanging indent =?iso-8859-1?q?Jean-Fran=E7ois_Michaud?= XML 2 07-16-2007 11:46 AM
text-align vs align tshad HTML 1 06-23-2005 10:29 PM
Centre align content on the page Tim Stokes HTML 2 06-17-2004 06:33 PM
how to Align text left & vertical align middle Kay ASP .Net 2 07-25-2003 08:32 AM

Advertisments