Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > lower visitor numbers

lower visitor numbers

windandwaves

Hi Folk

While January was a topper, I noticed a lower visitor count in February for
some of my sites. Did you notice the same trend?

TIA

> Nicolaas

Leonard Blaisdell

In article <oLpNf.522$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"windandwaves" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> While January was a topper, I noticed a lower visitor count in February for
> some of my sites. Did you notice the same trend?

There were three less days

leo

--
<http://web0.greatbasin.net/~leo/>

windandwaves

Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
> In article <oLpNf.522$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> "windandwaves" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> While January was a topper, I noticed a lower visitor count in
>> February for some of my sites. Did you notice the same trend?

> There were three less days
>
> leo

the numbers were almost half!

Leonard Blaisdell

In article <QPqNf.533$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"windandwaves" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> the numbers were almost half!

Then February isn't nearly all the problem. I would have expected ten
percent which would look bad enough if February weren't taken into
consideration. It was just a stab at a solution anyway. But you can pick
up ten percent of the problem from February regardless.

leo

--
<http://web0.greatbasin.net/~leo/>

dorayme

In article <QPqNf.533$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"windandwaves" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
> > In article <oLpNf.522$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > "windandwaves" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> >> While January was a topper, I noticed a lower visitor count in
> >> February for some of my sites. Did you notice the same trend?

> > There were three less days
> >
> > leo

> the numbers were almost half!

Are you not in the holiday, accomodation and such? Surely Feb
would be a bad time for people to be looking for such, they have
just got back.

--
dorayme

windandwaves

dorayme wrote:
> In article <QPqNf.533$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> "windandwaves" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Leonard Blaisdell wrote:

>>> There were three less days
>>>
>>> leo

>> the numbers were almost half!

> Are you not in the holiday, accomodation and such? Surely Feb
> would be a bad time for people to be looking for such, they have
> just got back.

Feb is the busiest month.

Disco Octopus

windandwaves wrote:

> dorayme wrote:
>> In article <QPqNf.533$(E-Mail Removed)>,

>>> the numbers were almost half!

>> Are you not in the holiday, accomodation and such? Surely Feb
>> would be a bad time for people to be looking for such, they have
>> just got back.

> Feb is the busiest month.

where do your visitiers come from? if a search engine (Google?) perhaps go
and see if your search/result position has changed? perhaps your pagerank
has dropped?

--
if it itches, it will be scratched

Alan Cole

In article <TrrNf.544$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"windandwaves" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> dorayme wrote:
> > In article <QPqNf.533$(E-Mail Removed)>,

> >> the numbers were almost half!

> > Are you not in the holiday, accomodation and such? Surely Feb
> > would be a bad time for people to be looking for such, they have
> > just got back.

> Feb is the busiest month.

Maybe they're all on holiday then!?

--
Alan Cole. E-mail: justal at lineone dot net
http://www.forces-of-nature.co.uk [Coastal Sports]

Travis Newbury

windandwaves wrote:
> While January was a topper, I noticed a lower visitor count in February for
> some of my sites. Did you notice the same trend?

Didn't notice anything, but then, I don't have access to your stats
pages