Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Help - navigable lists query

Help - navigable lists query

gobrien

Hi

I have a very long list with headings on one webpage and it would be
inconvenient to split it onto different pages.

I have seen pages with a menu at the top and when you click it goes to
that heading further down on the same webpage.

What is the code for that? Or what is the name of that process/menu
box? Thanks.

David Dorward

gobrien wrote:

> I have seen pages with a menu at the top and when you click it goes to
> that heading further down on the same webpage.

http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/links.html#h-12.2.3

Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

Nik Coughlin

gobrien wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a very long list with headings on one webpage and it would be
> inconvenient to split it onto different pages.
>
> I have seen pages with a menu at the top and when you click it goes to
> that heading further down on the same webpage.
>
> What is the code for that? Or what is the name of that process/menu
> box? Thanks.

<h2 id="thingToJumpTo">Thing to jump to</h2>

A more navigable Python Library Reference page m.n.summerfield@googlemail.com Python 1 03-03-2007 01:59 PM
List of lists of lists of lists... =?UTF-8?B?w4FuZ2VsIEd1dGnDqXJyZXogUm9kcsOtZ3Vleg==?= Python 5 05-15-2006 11:47 AM
lists of lists Jon Slaughter C++ 4 12-13-2004 06:28 PM
Help with sorting lists of lists Chris Weisiger Perl Misc 7 10-14-2004 01:42 PM
Sorting lists of lists... JustSomeGuy C++ 0 06-17-2004 05:44 PM

Advertisments