Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Image Border colour

Image Border colour

Mike Azzopardi

Hi All

I know this may sound trivial but it makes a great difference to my page. I
have some images which are borderless and when I make border ="1", I get a
nice black border. As soon as I make the image a hyperlink, the border turns
white. However the text links on my page are blue, so I don't know where the
white is coming from. I would really like the border to remain black. White
doesn't look so cool.

I am using Dreamweaver MX to do this.

Any help appreciated

thanks and regards

Mike

Sid Ismail

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 09:33:02 GMT, "Mike Azzopardi"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

: Hi All
:
: I know this may sound trivial but it makes a great difference to my page. I
: have some images which are borderless and when I make border ="1", I get a
: nice black border. As soon as I make the image a hyperlink, the border turns
: white. However the text links on my page are blue, so I don't know where the
: white is coming from. I would really like the border to remain black. White
: doesn't look so cool.

Strange, yes. URL? Put it up somewhere?

You can set border colors of certain elements to your fancy, but
before we show you this, let's have a look at the white anomaly.

Sid

Mike Azzopardi

Thanks for looking. Here is the URL:

http://fjam.zapto.org/charity/artists2.htm

The 1st image is linked with border set to 1 (White border)
The 2nd image isn't linked with border set to 1 (Black Border)
The 3rd image is linked with no border.

All the linked stylesheet has is this in it:

a {
font-family: "Courier New", Courier, mono;
color: #0000FF;

}
body {
font-family: "Courier New", Courier, mono;
font-size: 16pt;
font-weight: bolder;
color: #660000;
}

Thanks again.
Mike

"Sid Ismail" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 09:33:02 GMT, "Mike Azzopardi"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> : Hi All
> :
> : I know this may sound trivial but it makes a great difference to my
> page. I
> : have some images which are borderless and when I make border ="1", I get
> : nice black border. As soon as I make the image a hyperlink, the border
> turns
> : white. However the text links on my page are blue, so I don't know where
> the
> : white is coming from. I would really like the border to remain black.
> White
> : doesn't look so cool.
>

> Strange, yes. URL? Put it up somewhere?
>
> You can set border colors of certain elements to your fancy, but
> before we show you this, let's have a look at the white anomaly.
>
> Sid

Sid Ismail

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 10:28:41 GMT, "Mike Azzopardi"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

:
:
: "Sid Ismail" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
: news:(E-Mail Removed)...
: > On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 09:33:02 GMT, "Mike Azzopardi"
: > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: >
: > : Hi All
: > :
[...]

: }
: body {
: font-family: "Courier New", Courier, mono;
: font-size: 16pt;
: font-weight: bolder;
: color: #660000;
: }

Please bottom post - that is the standard on Usenet.

This is causing your problem:
<BODY text=#ffffff vLink=#ffffff aLink=#ffffff link=#ffffff
bgColor=#cccccc
leftMargin=0 topMargin=0 MARGINHEIGHT="0" MARGINWIDTH="0">

Sid

Mike Azzopardi

Many Thanks for this Sid.

"Mike Azzopardi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:tjWLf.70376$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks for looking. Here is the URL:
>
> http://fjam.zapto.org/charity/artists2.htm
>
> The 1st image is linked with border set to 1 (White border)
> The 2nd image isn't linked with border set to 1 (Black Border)
> The 3rd image is linked with no border.
>
> All the linked stylesheet has is this in it:
>
> a {
> font-family: "Courier New", Courier, mono;
> color: #0000FF;
>
> }
> body {
> font-family: "Courier New", Courier, mono;
> font-size: 16pt;
> font-weight: bolder;
> color: #660000;
> }
>
> Thanks again.
> Mike
>

> "Sid Ismail" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 09:33:02 GMT, "Mike Azzopardi"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> : Hi All
>> :
>> : I know this may sound trivial but it makes a great difference to my
>> page. I
>> : have some images which are borderless and when I make border ="1", I
>> get a
>> : nice black border. As soon as I make the image a hyperlink, the border
>> turns
>> : white. However the text links on my page are blue, so I don't know
>> where the
>> : white is coming from. I would really like the border to remain black.
>> White
>> : doesn't look so cool.
>>

>> Strange, yes. URL? Put it up somewhere?
>>
>> You can set border colors of certain elements to your fancy, but
>> before we show you this, let's have a look at the white anomaly.
>>
>> Sid

Sid Ismail

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 12:34:36 GMT, "Mike Azzopardi"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

: Many Thanks for this Sid.

Pleasure. )

---------------
After months of careful research, MALE & FEMALE procedures have been
developed. Please follow the appropriate steps for your gender."

MALE PROCEDURE:

1. Drive up to the cash machine.
2. Put down your car window.
3. Insert card into machine and enter PIN.
4. Enter amount of cash required and withdraw.
5. Retrieve card, cash and receipt.
6. Put window up.
7. Drive off.

FEMALE PROCEDURE:

1. Drive up to cash machine!
2. Reverse and back up the required amount to align car window with
the machine.
3. Set parking brake, put the window down.
4. Find hand bag , remove all contents on to passenger seat to locate
card.
5. Tell person on cell phone you will call them back and hang up
6. Attempt to insert card into machine.
7. Open car door to allow easier access to machine due to its
excessive distance from the car.
8. Insert card.
9. Re-insert card the right way.
10. Dig through handbag to find diary with your PIN written on the
inside back page.
11. Enter PIN.
12. Press cancel and re-enter correct PIN.
13. Enter amount of cash required.
14. Check makeup in rear view mirror.
15. Retrieve cash and receipt.
16. Empty handbag again to locate wallet and place cash inside.
17. Write debit amount in check register and place receipt in back of
checkbook.
18. Re-check makeup.
19. Drive forward 2 feet.
20. Reverse back to cash machine.
21. Retrieve card.
22. Re-empty hand bag, locate card holder, and place card into the
slot provided.
23. Give dirty look to irate male driver waiting behind you.
24. Restart stalled engine and pull off.
25. Redial person on cell phone.
26. Drive for 2 to 3 miles.
27. Release Parking Brake.

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Sid Ismail <(E-Mail Removed)>
writing in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> After months of careful research, MALE & FEMALE procedures have been
> developed. Please follow the appropriate steps for your gender."

That's classic... I know people who do this

--
Adrienne Boswell
http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info

Joey

Mike:

Try using a style sheet on the page and see what happens. Check your
page params for visited and active hyperlinks.

Joey Molina
Web Hosting magazine
http://www.hostaps.com

Joey

Nevermind:

You ARE using a style sheet, check it.

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Sid Ismail quothed:

> After months of careful research, MALE & FEMALE procedures have been
> developed. Please follow the appropriate steps for your gender."

I liked it but my g/f thinks you're a male chauvinist "porcine".

--
Neredbojias