Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > How to check the traffic going to a website??

How to check the traffic going to a website??

Paul

Is there anyway that I can check traffic statistics of a site?...somewhere
independant. for example If I run a website but pay $5.50 every six months
for hosting....this does not give me any of the goodies like stats or
traffic, is there an independant source that can do that for me? or for
that matter on any site?

thanks.

saz

In article <F6vLf.13378$Em2.7879@trndny05>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)lid says...
> Is there anyway that I can check traffic statistics of a site?...somewhere
> independant. for example If I run a website but pay $5.50 every six months
> for hosting....this does not give me any of the goodies like stats or
> traffic, is there an independant source that can do that for me? or for
> that matter on any site?
>
> thanks.

You get what you pay for.

You might be able to add your own stats program as long as you have
access to a cgi bin, but it may not be available at that price.

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Paul quothed:

> Is there anyway that I can check traffic statistics of a site?...somewhere
> independant. for example If I run a website but pay $5.50 every six months
> for hosting....this does not give me any of the goodies like stats or
> traffic, is there an independant source that can do that for me? or for
> that matter on any site?

You can try something like this:

http://www.statcounter.com/

--
Neredbojias

Jimmy

Neredbojias wrote:
> With neither quill nor qualm, Paul quothed:
>
>> Is there anyway that I can check traffic statistics of a site?...somewhere
>> independant. for example If I run a website but pay $5.50 every six months
>> for hosting....this does not give me any of the goodies like stats or
>> traffic, is there an independant source that can do that for me? or for
>> that matter on any site?

> You can try something like this:
>
> http://www.statcounter.com/

www.googleanalytics.com !!!!!

the only way to go

Jim Higson

Jimmy wrote:

> Neredbojias wrote:
>> With neither quill nor qualm, Paul quothed:
>>
>>> Is there anyway that I can check traffic statistics of a
>>> site?...somewhere
>>> independant. for example If I run a website but pay $5.50 every six
>>> months for hosting....this does not give me any of the goodies like
>>> stats or
>>> traffic, is there an independant source that can do that for me? or
>>> for that matter on any site?

>> You can try something like this:
>>
>> http://www.statcounter.com/
>>

> www.googleanalytics.com !!!!!
>
> the only way to go

If you get invited!

Are they doing the thing they did with Gmail where users can invite other
users, or do you have to wait for Google to tell you you're worthy of using
their service?

--
Jim

Jim Higson

Paul wrote:

> Is there anyway that I can check traffic statistics of a site?...somewhere
> independant. for example If I run a website but pay $5.50 every six
> months for hosting....this does not give me any of the goodies like stats
> or
> traffic, is there an independant source that can do that for me? or for
> that matter on any site?

Does the host give you the Apache log files? If so there are a range of
programs to analyse these.