Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > refreshing frames

refreshing frames

Nav

Hi gang,

I have a page that splits into 3 frames, a top navigation, a left
sidebar, and the middle where all the action is. The middle area then
splits into two frames of its own.

When someone selects a menu option from a drop down box in one of the
middle frames, both the middle frames refresh accordingly. But I'm
curious if there is a way to make the outter frames also refresh. Any
suggestions?

Roy Schestowitz

__/ [ Nav ] on Thursday 23 February 2006 05:57 \__

> Hi gang,
>
> I have a page that splits into 3 frames, a top navigation, a left
> sidebar, and the middle where all the action is. The middle area then
> splits into two frames of its own.
>
> When someone selects a menu option from a drop down box in one of the
> middle frames, both the middle frames refresh accordingly. But I'm
> curious if there is a way to make the outter frames also refresh. Any
> suggestions?

I suspect you will need to have a look at iframes and possibly involve some
JavaScript. It's possible. If your site is not too big and complex, the
design is also worth overhauling. Frames of any kind are notorious.

Good luck,

Roy

--
Roy S. Schestowitz | Useless fact: Brazil spans 47.8% of S. America
http://Schestowitz.com | SuSE Linux | PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E

Self-refreshing and non-self-refreshing controls Harlan Messinger ASP .Net 1 08-04-2006 01:13 PM
Self-refreshing and non-self-refreshing controls Harlan Messinger ASP .Net Web Controls 0 08-03-2006 12:29 PM
Refreshing frames torchestra@gmail.com Java 2 10-08-2005 08:36 AM
Refreshing a frames page Jim Hudd HTML 3 09-27-2004 09:30 PM
frames alternative for refreshing only part of page? Jules HTML 7 09-06-2004 09:45 PM

Advertisments