Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > dynamic drop down menu (part 2)...

dynamic drop down menu (part 2)...

Jonathan N. Little

> Jonathan N. Little wrote:

<snip>
>>Please quote what you are referring to.

<snip>
> Sorry, I was using the wrong option (I use USENET via Google Groyups
> when I'm at work).

I don't use GG but I know from all the complaints that there is a
setting to do proper quoting. I think Blinky has a reference to it on
his site:

http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html
The Usenet Improvement Project - Blinkynet

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

firstcustomer@gmail.com

Jonathan N. Little wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> > Jonathan N. Little wrote:

> <snip>
> >>Please quote what you are referring to.

> <snip>
> > Sorry, I was using the wrong option (I use USENET via Google Groyups
> > when I'm at work).

> I don't use GG but I know from all the complaints that there is a
> setting to do proper quoting. I think Blinky has a reference to it on
> his site:
>
> http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html
> The Usenet Improvement Project - Blinkynet
>
> --
> Take care,
>
> Jonathan
> -------------------
> LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
> http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

There is indeed. I've found it now!

Still not got it (my form) work, I know next to nothing about
Javascript hence my problems. I've googled like you suggested, but I
can't find an example of what I need.
--
Neil

Jonathan N. Little

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
<snip>

> Still not got it (my form) work, I know next to nothing about
> Javascript hence my problems. I've googled like you suggested, but I
> can't find an example of what I need.

Aw c'mon Neil! The first results page in Google for the three search
words 'javascript location object' all yielded valid pages on how to use
the location object. You have do a little work for yourself

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------

Jonathan N. Little wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> <snip>
> >
> > Still not got it (my form) work, I know next to nothing about
> > Javascript hence my problems. I've googled like you suggested, but I
> > can't find an example of what I need.

> Aw c'mon Neil! The first results page in Google for the three search
> words 'javascript location object' all yielded valid pages on how to use
> the location object. You have do a little work for yourself

The only problem Jonathan, is that I know next to nothing about
Javascript, so the pages that I found mean nothing to me...
--
Neil

Jonathan N. Little

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Jonathan N. Little wrote:
>
>>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>><snip>
>>
>>>Still not got it (my form) work, I know next to nothing about
>>>Javascript hence my problems. I've googled like you suggested, but I
>>>can't find an example of what I need.

>>Aw c'mon Neil! The first results page in Google for the three search
>>words 'javascript location object' all yielded valid pages on how to use
>>the location object. You have do a little work for yourself
>>

> The only problem Jonathan, is that I know next to nothing about
> Javascript, so the pages that I found mean nothing to me...

Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Jim Higson

Jonathan N. Little wrote:

> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> Jonathan N. Little wrote:
>>
>>>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>><snip>

>>>Aw c'mon Neil! The first results page in Google for the three search
>>>words 'javascript location object' all yielded valid pages on how to use
>>>the location object. You have do a little work for yourself
>>>

>> The only problem Jonathan, is that I know next to nothing about
>> Javascript, so the pages that I found mean nothing to me...

Or, even:

javascript:location.replace("http://www.google.com/search?q=javascript+tutorial")

If you are using a Javascript-enabled browser to read this, and the portal
you're reading on linkifies all URLs (not just the http ones), clicking
that *may* just work.

If not, well, that shows the problems with using javascript for core
functionality.

--
Jim

Jonathan N. Little

Jim Higson wrote:

> Jonathan N. Little wrote:
>

>>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>>>The only problem Jonathan, is that I know next to nothing about
>>>Javascript, so the pages that I found mean nothing to me...

> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search
>

> Or, even:
>
> javascript:location.replace("http://www.google.com/search?q=javascript+tutorial")
>
> If you are using a Javascript-enabled browser to read this, and the portal
> you're reading on linkifies all URLs (not just the http ones), clicking
> that *may* just work.
>
> If not, well, that shows the problems with using javascript for core
> functionality.

I (and others) have warned the OP of the problem of his reliance on
JavaScript in his design however he is committed to this strategy. I
have answered his questions with the footnote that although it is
possible to do with JavaScript, server-side is a far better solution.

--
Take care,

Jonathan