Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Interpreting Web statistics

Interpreting Web statistics

Alan J. Flavell

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006, Pete Gray wrote:

> Audit Scotland didn't listen when I said as much in the consultation on
> the new Statutory Performance Indicator for museums in Scotland:
> <http://www.scottishmuseums.org.uk/areas_of_work/spi_intro.asp>

[servers group snipped for this f'up...]

I just *knew* that when I disabled Mozilla's minimum font size, I was
going to get microfonts. As indeed I did, "thanks", as I now see, to
their:
BODY, TH, TD { font-size: x-small; }

Makes viewing in Lynx an attractive alternative. Hmmm, I see that
their "alt" text for an image of the words "powered by GoogleTM" is:
"Google logo". Bleagh.

> I believe they're also sending us the 'Magic Eye' mind-reader plugin so
> we'll know what the purpose of a visit to the web site was.

You mean like this bit? -

||Website hits require that museum IT systems can differentiate
||between those users only making general enquiries about the museum
||and its services, and those searching web pages relating to the
||resources or collection.

(boggle)

Reading and interpreting data from web page royg567 Javascript 9 02-20-2011 07:38 PM
Interpreting JSP code yzzzzz Java 4 04-21-2005 08:51 AM
Pre-Interpreting a Request =?Utf-8?B?QWxleCBNYWdoZW4=?= ASP .Net 3 11-14-2004 11:59 PM
? Need help interpreting this suspicious HTML code Alec S. HTML 5 09-11-2004 02:32 AM
Interpreting the error message? Rob Meade ASP .Net 2 01-28-2004 08:52 AM

Advertisments