Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > dynamic drop down menu...

dynamic drop down menu...

firstcustomer@gmail.com

Ok, it seems that I'm not going to get any help here with this, which
is a shame because the group has always been very helpful in the past.

Thanks anyways, I'll post back if I manage to find a solution elswhere
because I know it can be done.

Cheers fellas, Neil.

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) writing in
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com:

> Hi fellas,
>
> I need some help with something if you'd be so kind!
>
> I'm creating a knowledgebase site at my workplace, and I'm kinda
> limited as to resources (in terms of technology) because we are running
> Win2K. I don't have access to a web server for this, so its more or
> less just HTML and JavaScript.
>
> I'm wanting to do the following:
>
> There is a drop down menu, which loads up another drop down menu
> (preferably in the same page) depending on the answer.
>
> Let me demonstrate:
>
> The user is faced with a question:
>
> What OS is the customer using?
> * XP
> * Linux
>
> Now, when the user selects one, another question and drop down appears
> BELOW this, something like:
>
> Is it:
> * XP Pro
> * XP Home
>
> etc etc, until the users has answered sufficient questions to be able
> to give them a page detailing how to fix the problem.
>
> Also, it would be best if the drop downs are stored in different files,
> as there will be some cross references.

> Btw, the drop dowen menu that I mean is just the normal, bog-standard
> HTML drop down menu (like in a form!).
>
> TIA, Neil

Hi, Neil, I feel for your situation... you might get a little more help
over in comp.lang.javascript

--
Adrienne Boswell
http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info