Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Any Good Freeware HTML Editors Out There

Any Good Freeware HTML Editors Out There

Mike McCollister

I have been using FrontPage for a while now and was wanting to see what else
is out there in terms of freeware editors. Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Mike

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Mike McCollister
<(E-Mail Removed)> declared in alt.html:

> I have been using FrontPage for a while now and was wanting to see what else
> is out there in terms of freeware editors.

HTML
free:
jedit: http://www.jedit.org/
nedit: http://www.nedit.org/
screem: http://www.screem.org/
ewisoft: http://www.ewisoft.com/
netpadd: http://www.netpadd.com/
araneae: http://www.araneae.com/
1st page: http://www.evrsoft.com/
crimson: http://crimsoneditor.com/
ezpad: http://www.mmedia.is/ezpad/
acehtml: http://freeware.acehtml.com/
notetab light: http://www.notetab.com/
tswebeditor: http://tswebeditor.net.tc/
html-kit: http://www.chami.com/html-kit/
context: http://www.fixedsys.com/context/
pspad: http://www.pspad.com/en/index.html
websmill: http://www.xtreeme.com/websmill/
metapad: http://www.liquidninja.com/metapad/
quanta (linux): http://quanta.sourceforge.net/
notespad: http://www.newbie.net/NotesPad/index.html
dirt and pointy stick: http://usenetshit.info/editor/
grey matter pro: http://www.pagetutor.com/misc/grey.html
editpad lite: http://www.editpadlite.com/editpadlite.html
stones webwrite: http://www.webwriter.dk/english/index.htm
matizha sublime: http://www.matizha.com/en/products/sublime/

(thanks brucie)

> Any recommendations?

Anything but FrontPage.

--
Mark Parnell

Now implementing http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html

Ed Mullen

And Nvu at http://nvu.com

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Ed Mullen
<(E-Mail Removed)> declared in alt.html:
> Mark Parnell wrote:
>> Anything but FrontPage.
>>

> And Nvu at http://nvu.com

Why? Nvu is probably the best of the so-called WYSIWYG editors, so if
you are going for a WYSIWYG, Nvu is the way to go.

--
Mark Parnell

Now implementing http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html

Leonard Blaisdell

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Mark Parnell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Ed Mullen
> <(E-Mail Removed)> declared in alt.html:
> > Mark Parnell wrote:
> >> Anything but FrontPage.
> >>

> > And Nvu at http://nvu.com

> Why? Nvu is probably the best of the so-called WYSIWYG editors, so if
> you are going for a WYSIWYG, Nvu is the way to go.

I don't think Mr. Mullen was disrespecting nvu but was adding it to the
list Could be wrong though.

leo

--
<http://web0.greatbasin.net/~leo/>

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Leonard Blaisdell
<(E-Mail Removed)> declared in alt.html:

> I don't think Mr. Mullen was disrespecting nvu but was adding it to the
> list Could be wrong though.

Could be. He didn't place his reply very well if that's the case.

--
Mark Parnell

Now implementing http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html

Disco Octopus

Mark Parnell wrote:

> Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Leonard Blaisdell
> <(E-Mail Removed)> declared in alt.html:
>
>> I don't think Mr. Mullen was disrespecting nvu but was adding it to the
>> list Could be wrong though.

> Could be. He didn't place his reply very well if that's the case.

Initially I thought he was adding to list. Then after this comment I took
another look, and I see what you mean.

Its all about location location location.

--
a beef jerky site http://www.choicebeefjerky.com.au
not a beef jerky site http://mycoolwheels.com/vote.cmks

Ed Mullen

Disco Octopus wrote:
> Mark Parnell wrote:
>
>> Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Leonard Blaisdell
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> declared in alt.html:
>>
>>> I don't think Mr. Mullen was disrespecting nvu but was adding it to the
>>> list Could be wrong though.

>> Could be. He didn't place his reply very well if that's the case.

> Initially I thought he was adding to list. Then after this comment I took
> another look, and I see what you mean.
>
> Its all about location location location.

Sorry for the confusion. Indeed, I was suggesting Nvu as a /good/
WYSIWYG editor.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

Big Bill

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 12:25:33 +1100, Mark Parnell
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Mike McCollister
><(E-Mail Removed)> declared in alt.html:
>
>> I have been using FrontPage for a while now and was wanting to see what else
>> is out there in terms of freeware editors.

>HTML
>free:
>jedit: http://www.jedit.org/
>nedit: http://www.nedit.org/
>screem: http://www.screem.org/
>ewisoft: http://www.ewisoft.com/
>netpadd: http://www.netpadd.com/
>araneae: http://www.araneae.com/
>1st page: http://www.evrsoft.com/
>crimson: http://crimsoneditor.com/
>ezpad: http://www.mmedia.is/ezpad/
>acehtml: http://freeware.acehtml.com/
>notetab light: http://www.notetab.com/
>tswebeditor: http://tswebeditor.net.tc/
>html-kit: http://www.chami.com/html-kit/
>context: http://www.fixedsys.com/context/
>pspad: http://www.pspad.com/en/index.html
>websmill: http://www.xtreeme.com/websmill/
>metapad: http://www.liquidninja.com/metapad/
>quanta (linux): http://quanta.sourceforge.net/
>notespad: http://www.newbie.net/NotesPad/index.html
>dirt and pointy stick: http://usenetshit.info/editor/
>grey matter pro: http://www.pagetutor.com/misc/grey.html
>editpad lite: http://www.editpadlite.com/editpadlite.html
>stones webwrite: http://www.webwriter.dk/english/index.htm
>matizha sublime: http://www.matizha.com/en/products/sublime/
>
>(thanks brucie)
>
>> Any recommendations?

>Anything but FrontPage.

1st Page just bought out a 2006 version.

BB
--

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bill.kr...tapestries.htm
http://www.crystal-liaison.com/anheu...sch/index.html

Mike McCollister

Thanks all.

I'm currently checking out nvu as I am wanting a WISIWIG editor.

Mike

news:(E-Mail Removed)...