Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > AffordableHost woes

AffordableHost woes

Joe Barta

Anyone else with a web site hosted by AffordableHost having troubles
today? My site, PageTutor.com has been down for nearly 24 hrs.

Joe Barta

Nick Theodorakis

Joe Barta wrote:
> Anyone else with a web site hosted by AffordableHost having troubles
> today? My site, PageTutor.com has been down for nearly 24 hrs.
>
> Joe Barta

I have one site on AF (I think it's on the Newfoundland server, but I'm
never sure anymore because they keep moving it around) that is ok (it's
9:30 am EST here).

Last month I moved my personal site off of AH because of an enormous
fustercluck they had over the server going down for more than a week,
and that they somehow lost the backups when they tried to restore. Yes,
I had my own backups, so I figured if I had to reload it from my own
copy, I could just as easily ftp it to different host.

Nick

--
Nick Theodorakis
contact form:

Nick Theodorakis

Joe Barta wrote:
> Anyone else with a web site hosted by AffordableHost having troubles
> today? My site, PageTutor.com has been down for nearly 24 hrs.
>
> Joe Barta

As a followup, when I load your page, I get a blank screen, and the
source shows your ssi includes, so the server-side processing seems to
be bolloxed. Is your .htaccess file still intact?

Nick

--
Nick Theodorakis
(E-Mail Removed)

Nick Theodorakis wrote:

> Joe Barta wrote:
>> Anyone else with a web site hosted by AffordableHost having
>> troubles today? My site, PageTutor.com has been down for nearly
>> 24 hrs.
>>
>> Joe Barta

> As a followup, when I load your page, I get a blank screen, and
> the source shows your ssi includes, so the server-side processing
> seems to be bolloxed. Is your .htaccess file still intact?

Don't know. Still cannot FTP into the account nor cam I access C-
Panel.

Joe Barta

Hywel Jenkins

In article <Xns976DD416D6A39jbartaapknet@207.115.17.102>, (E-Mail Removed)
says...
> Anyone else with a web site hosted by AffordableHost having troubles
> today? My site, PageTutor.com has been down for nearly 24 hrs.

You should have done what a large number of their customers did: you
should have left when that dotCanada outfit took over.

--

Hywel
http://kibo.org.uk/

Hywel Jenkins

In article <fqGJf.9160$(E-Mail Removed)> ,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Joe Barta wrote:
> > Anyone else with a web site hosted by AffordableHost having troubles
> > today? My site, PageTutor.com has been down for nearly 24 hrs.
> >
> > Joe Barta

> the server-side processing seems to
> be bolloxed.

The you go, getting all technical again.

--

Hywel
http://kibo.org.uk/