Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > <div> and assigning a class to it

Fred

Is it acceptable to assign a class to a <div> within <td>?

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Fred <(E-Mail Removed)> writing
in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Is it acceptable to assign a class to a <div> within <td>?

Why would you put a div in a td, unless you are abusing tables.
But the answer to your question, is yes, any element except BASE, BASEFONT,
HEAD, HTML, META, PARAM, SCRIPT, STYLE and TITLE can use the class
attribute.

--
Adrienne Boswell
http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info

Barbara de Zoete

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 22:01:22 +0100, Fred <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Is it acceptable to assign a class to a <div> within <td>?

Did you try? Did it validate? What do you think then?

--
______PretLetters:
| weblog | http://www.pretletters.net/weblog/weblog.html |

Fred

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 22:17:51 +0100, "Barbara de Zoete"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Did you try? Did it validate? What do you think then?

Yea it works, I just wanted your thinking on it that's all

Thanks