Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Product web site input needed please

Product web site input needed please

Larry Webb

I'm not as concerned about the overall design (although I believe it
validates) as much as how the product is presented. I've been selling
this item for years and recently decided to start marketing it more
seriously - web site, magazine ads, etc..

Any ideas on how to better use the web site to sell this thing would be
greatly appreciated.

http://www.lockboxdoorprotector.com

Thanks
Larry

saz

In article <SO8If.4687$z%(E-Mail Removed)>,
> I'm not as concerned about the overall design (although I believe it
> validates) as much as how the product is presented. I've been selling
> this item for years and recently decided to start marketing it more
> seriously - web site, magazine ads, etc..
>
> Any ideas on how to better use the web site to sell this thing would be
> greatly appreciated.
>
> http://www.lockboxdoorprotector.com
>
> Thanks
> Larry

I like this site. Nice, clean, easy to navigate and the online ordering
process is hassle-free. You are also #1 on Google. Nice job.

I would work on getting the word out through the use of conventional
marketing techniques - direct mail, trade journals, etc. and emphasize
the ordering online aspect.

Jose

> History Of The Lockbox Door Protector : U.S. Patent No. 4,897,945
>
> The Lockbox Door Protector was conceived May 28,1987 when I met the buyers of a spec house I built for their final walk through before closing. That morning the real estate agent removed her company's lockbox. When I pulled in the driveway I saw Mrs. Lincoln (the buyers wife) pointing at the front door and shaking her head, not a site I wanted to see.

I cite the site, but you should say "Not a sight I wanted to see."

Jose

Chaddy2222

Larry Webb wrote:
> I'm not as concerned about the overall design (although I believe it
> validates) as much as how the product is presented. I've been selling
> this item for years and recently decided to start marketing it more
> seriously - web site, magazine ads, etc..
>
> Any ideas on how to better use the web site to sell this thing would be
> greatly appreciated.
>
> http://www.lockboxdoorprotector.com

Well, the site looks very good, it does validate and is very easy to
use.
I would maybe suggest though that you specify your font sizes in % as
if you use PX to set font sizes, they can't be resized in IE, (without
having to do a few extra things in the browser options.)
I think you could maybe look at running some print ads promoting the
fact that you can order online.
I hope this helps.