Hi,

I've just uploaded my website and would appreciate some valuable feed-back
from the HTML peer group. Any suggestions for improvement? Comments?
Its at www.astutechoices.com

Hank

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Familyman quothed:

> Hi,
>
> I've just uploaded my website and would appreciate some valuable feed-back
> from the HTML peer group. Any suggestions for improvement? Comments?
> Its at www.astutechoices.com
>
> Hank

Looks pretty darn good to me! I only looked at opening page and didn't
IE, Firefox, and Opera.) The only diff I saw was the thumbnails seem to
left-align (locally) in IE while centering in the other two.

Appears quite professional and erudite.

--
Neredbojias

Paul Watt

"Familyman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I've just uploaded my website and would appreciate some valuable feed-back
> from the HTML peer group. Any suggestions for improvement? Comments?
> Its at www.astutechoices.com
>
> Hank

Hi,
Looks good, except for the left hand menu that looks like it should be
centered in the cell.

Bad points.

No DOC TYPE specified.
bizarre mix of CSS and "tag soup" coding.

Paul

Familyman

Thanks, Guys,

I'll specify that DOC TYPE. Thank you.
In my browser the left hand menu centers OK.
Does it not in yours? Which browser are you using?

I prefer using CSS and am still learning.
Do you think search engines will like the code?

Hank

> Looks good, except for the left hand menu that looks like it should be
> centered in the cell.
>
> Bad points.
>
> No DOC TYPE specified.
> bizarre mix of CSS and "tag soup" coding.
>
> Paul

Familyman

I'm thrilled you think it looks reasonable. I'll check that allignment
problem.

Hank

> Looks pretty darn good to me! I only looked at opening page and didn't
> IE, Firefox, and Opera.) The only diff I saw was the thumbnails seem to
> left-align (locally) in IE while centering in the other two.
>
> Appears quite professional and erudite.
>
> --
> Neredbojias
> Contrary to popular belief, it is believable.

Stan McCann

dorayme <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed)
net.com.au:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Neredbojias <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> With neither quill nor qualm, Familyman quothed:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I've just uploaded my website and would appreciate some valuable
>> > feed-back from the HTML peer group. Any suggestions for
>> > improvement? Comments? Its at www.astutechoices.com
>> >
>> > Hank

>> Looks pretty darn good to me! I only looked at opening page and

It is a nice looking page on the surface. But you, Neredbojias, being
one of the regulars in this group w/c/should be as sickened by that
code as I was. Yech.

>> didn't view source, but the page rendered almost identically in
>> "the big 3" (- IE, Firefox, and Opera.) The only diff I saw was
>> the thumbnails seem to left-align (locally) in IE while centering
>> in the other two.
>>
>> Appears quite professional and erudite.

> So it does but now look at the source Boji...

Or try to validate it. As someone else said, "bizarre mix of CSS and
'tag soup.'"

Suggestions:
Learn HTML and CSS. That does not mean throw a bunch of stuff into
some WYSIWYMG (What You See Is What You *Might* Get) editor.

Note to OP:
I came down kind of hard on your coding because it is bad, don't take
it personnally, take it as constructive criticism letting you know that
you have some things to learn.

I don't *know* about everyone else, but my guess is that most people
read/post on this group to learn. Why else take the time? I am
constantly improving my skills and much of the knowledge for
improvement comes from this group.

--
Stan McCann, "Uncle Pirate" http://stanmccann.us/
Webmaster, NMSU at Alamogordo http://alamo.nmsu.edu/

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, dorayme quothed:

> > Appears quite professional and erudite.

> So it does but now look at the source Boji...

Oh oh. Sounds like once again the Sword of DamnyouCleese is coming down
right for my head.

Incidentally, since B de Z has become somewhat of a pariah around this
forum, are you trying to take her place?

--
Neredbojias

Familyman

Any specific suggestions of how to get rid of the tag soup?

Hank

"Stan McCann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> dorayme <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed)
> net.com.au:
>
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> Neredbojias <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> With neither quill nor qualm, Familyman quothed:

>>> Looks pretty darn good to me! I only looked at opening page and

> It is a nice looking page on the surface. But you, Neredbojias, being
> one of the regulars in this group w/c/should be as sickened by that
> code as I was. Yech.
>
>>> didn't view source, but the page rendered almost identically in
>>> "the big 3" (- IE, Firefox, and Opera.) The only diff I saw was
>>> the thumbnails seem to left-align (locally) in IE while centering
>>> in the other two.
>>>
>>> Appears quite professional and erudite.

>> So it does but now look at the source Boji...
>>

> Or try to validate it. As someone else said, "bizarre mix of CSS and
> 'tag soup.'"
>
> Suggestions:
> Learn HTML and CSS. That does not mean throw a bunch of stuff into
> some WYSIWYMG (What You See Is What You *Might* Get) editor.
>
> Note to OP:
> I came down kind of hard on your coding because it is bad, don't take
> it personnally, take it as constructive criticism letting you know that
> you have some things to learn.
>
> I don't *know* about everyone else, but my guess is that most people
> read/post on this group to learn. Why else take the time? I am
> constantly improving my skills and much of the knowledge for
> improvement comes from this group.
>
> --
> Stan McCann, "Uncle Pirate" http://stanmccann.us/
> Webmaster, NMSU at Alamogordo http://alamo.nmsu.edu/
> Now blocking Google Grouper posts and replies.
> http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html

Alan J. Flavell

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006, Familyman blurted out:

> Any specific suggestions of how to get rid of the tag soup?

Properly-behaved usenauts just do it - it comes kind-of naturally.

Fullquoting top-posters couldn't do it even if we sprayed them
liberally with clue pheromone, and put them in a field of randy clues
in the clue mating season.

h t h

Stan McCann

> Any specific suggestions of how to get rid of the tag soup?
>
> Hank

Please don't top post.

Same suggestion I gave before. See below.

> "Stan McCann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> Suggestions:
>> Learn HTML and CSS. That does not mean throw a bunch of stuff into

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> some WYSIWYMG (What You See Is What You *Might* Get) editor.

--
Stan McCann, "Uncle Pirate" http://stanmccann.us/
Webmaster, NMSU at Alamogordo http://alamo.nmsu.edu/
Now blocking Google Grouper posts and replies.
http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html

setting up website inside a website sck10 ASP .Net 1 04-13-2006 09:18 PM
Website on a website. Shawn ASP .Net 3 01-15-2006 04:58 AM
deploying website or copying website? Flip ASP .Net 1 11-22-2005 06:25 PM
how to reinstall website when the name of the website changed. A Leon HTML 4 03-04-2004 07:44 AM
Update website via website? Adrian Wood HTML 13 02-25-2004 11:32 PM

Advertisments