Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > sending account info directly into paybill

sending account info directly into paybill

cwsullivan@ucdavis.edu

Hi gang,

I've been subcontracted out to help a client with their website. The
client is a utility service and wants their customers to be able to
click a link from their account info page in our website, and go
directly to the paybill website.

Currently, we simply link them to
https://www.paybill.com/Common/PaymentMain.asp when they click on the
"pay your bill" link. The client has requested that we make this
process easier, they don't want the customers to have to re-enter their
account information.

I'm curious if there is a simple URL that I could link them to instead,
something along the lines of:

https://www.paybill.com/Common/Payme...ID=enterIDhere

that would prompt the paybill website to load up their account
directly. I can't quit figure out a way to do this myself. I was
curious if you have any suggestions. Thanks.

-Chris

David Wright

> I'm curious if there is a simple URL that I could link them to instead,
> something along the lines of:
>
> https://www.paybill.com/Common/Payme...ID=enterIDhere
>
> that would prompt the paybill website to load up their account
> directly.

Just one caveat of caution - beware that a URL like that could easily allow
other users to spoof it with ID's that are not their own if they
knew/guessed the ID format - unless you protect it with some other form of
authentication.

Pick it up in the subsequent asp page using the string Request.QueryString.

D.

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) writing in
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com:

> I'm curious if there is a simple URL that I could link them to instead,
> something along the lines of:
>
> https://www.paybill.com/Common/Payme...ID=enterIDhere
>
> that would prompt the paybill website to load up their account
> directly. I can't quit figure out a way to do this myself. I was
> curious if you have any suggestions. Thanks.

As others have said, beware of sending data through a querystring, even
to a secure server.

You could contact Paybill and see if they have an SDK available. You
might be able to post the entire bit to them, eg.
<form method="post" action="https://www.paybill.com/script.asp"> where
script is the name of the script that would process the information.

--
Adrienne Boswell
http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info