Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > floating table with tables inside

floating table with tables inside

Jemdam.com

Hi,

I make all my HTML by hand and wondered if someone could let me know if this
is possible. I want to make a table with width set to 90% and when I resize
the window I need the contents of this to move. Now this is simple with TEXT
and IMAGES as you just add the text and use align for the image and it all
floats. However I need to display a series of tables inside the main table
but would like them to have the same effect. When I try this each internal
table is on a new line instead of on the right. Hope this makes sense? Any
ideas? Here is my example:

repeat internal tables a few times . . . ..

Thanks, David http://www.pubtricks.com

Els

Jemdam.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I make all my HTML by hand and wondered if someone could let me know if this
> is possible. I want to make a table with width set to 90% and when I resize
> the window I need the contents of this to move. Now this is simple with TEXT
> and IMAGES as you just add the text and use align for the image and it all
> floats. However I need to display a series of tables inside the main table
> but would like them to have the same effect. When I try this each internal
> table is on a new line instead of on the right. Hope this makes sense? Any
> ideas? Here is my example:

[snip code for tables inside table]

Add this to your stylesheet:
table table{
width:[some value];
float:left;
}

Since you see to have just images and texts (captions?) in the tables,
you might wanna check an example I made in the past:
http://locusmeus.com/test/thumbswithcaptions.html
and to center those tables as well:
http://locusmeus.com/test/thumbswith...scentered.html

--
Els http://locusmeus.com/
- Renato Russo -

Jemdam.com

> Add this to your stylesheet:
> table table{
> width:[some value];
> float:left;
> }
>
> Since you see to have just images and texts (captions?) in the tables,
> you might wanna check an example I made in the past:
> http://locusmeus.com/test/thumbswithcaptions.html
> and to center those tables as well:
> http://locusmeus.com/test/thumbswith...scentered.html

Thanks Els, it worked 100% perfect!