Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > what's wrong with this styling?

what's wrong with this styling?

John Salerno

I have the following HTML and CSS, but it doesn't seem to work:

<h4>Parameters</h4>

div#parameters p.i1 {
font-style: italic;
}

I don't know if it matters, but the div#parameters is nested within a
larger div. Also, I added my CSS rule to the end of a larger stylesheet,
but I see nothing else in it that affects <p> styling.

Is my selector not valid?

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, John Salerno
<(E-Mail Removed)> declared in alt.html:

> I have the following HTML and CSS, but it doesn't seem to work:

<snip>

Looks OK to me. URL?

--
Mark Parnell
Att. Google Groups users - this is your last warning:

John Salerno

Mark Parnell wrote:
> Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, John Salerno
> <(E-Mail Removed)> declared in alt.html:
>
>> I have the following HTML and CSS, but it doesn't seem to work:

> <snip>
>
> Looks OK to me. URL?

Thanks for looking. I uploaded it so you can check it out:
http://www.johnjsal.com/g_camera_move.html

John Salerno

Mark Parnell wrote:
> Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, John Salerno
> <(E-Mail Removed)> declared in alt.html:
>
>> I have the following HTML and CSS, but it doesn't seem to work:

> <snip>
>
> Looks OK to me. URL?

Oh, and http://www.johnjsal.com/msdn.css

John Salerno

Mark Parnell wrote:
> Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, John Salerno
> <(E-Mail Removed)> declared in alt.html:
>
>> I have the following HTML and CSS, but it doesn't seem to work:

> <snip>
>
> Looks OK to me. URL?

well gosh, now it's working! i'm not sure what happened before...

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, John Salerno
<(E-Mail Removed)> declared in alt.html:

> Thanks for looking. I uploaded it so you can check it out:
> http://www.johnjsal.com/g_camera_move.html

Works fine AFAICT here in FF1.5 and IE6. What browser are you having
trouble with?

--
Mark Parnell
Att. Google Groups users - this is your last warning:

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, John Salerno
<(E-Mail Removed)> declared in alt.html:

> well gosh, now it's working! i'm not sure what happened before...

<g>

--

Mark Parnell wrote:
> Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, John Salerno
> <(E-Mail Removed)> declared in alt.html:
>
>> well gosh, now it's working! i'm not sure what happened before...

> <g>

Ah, problem found: I had two versions of msdn.css and naturally I had
changed the wrong one!

Blinky the Shark

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 21:20:30 -0500, John Salerno wrote:

> Mark Parnell wrote:
>> Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, John Salerno
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> declared in alt.html:
>>
>>> I have the following HTML and CSS, but it doesn't seem to work:

>> <snip>
>>
>> Looks OK to me. URL?
>>

> well gosh, now it's working! i'm not sure what happened before...

Just *posting* to this froup sometimes reveals how much power it has.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

John Salerno

Blinky the Shark wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 21:20:30 -0500, John Salerno wrote:
>
>> Mark Parnell wrote:
>>> Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, John Salerno
>>> <(E-Mail Removed)> declared in alt.html:

>>> <snip>
>>>
>>> Looks OK to me. URL?
>>>

>> well gosh, now it's working! i'm not sure what happened before...

> Just *posting* to this froup sometimes reveals how much power it has.

LOL. Maybe if I post a message about how the work on my site is going
slow, it will suddenly be finished the next time I go there!