Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > How to pass a parameter?

How to pass a parameter?

Anatoly Kurilin

Hi, please tell me the easiest way of passing a parameter from one HTML page
to another that will be opened from the first one.

Thanks in advance,
AK

Travis Newbury

Anatoly Kurilin wrote:
> Hi, please tell me the easiest way of passing a parameter from one HTML page
> to another that will be opened from the first one.

The EASIEST way is to use server side script like PHP or ASP. But if
you don't want to use that, you can use Javascript. A quick google of
"pass parameter javascript" will reward you with the code.

Brian Cryer

"Anatoly Kurilin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dr2bq4$2d6m$(E-Mail Removed)-msu.net...
> Hi, please tell me the easiest way of passing a parameter from one HTML
> page to another that will be opened from the first one.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> AK

If you have any server side scripting (ASP, PHP, etc) available then that
should have capabilities built in and will be the best way to go. If you
don't have server side scripting then you'll have to fall back on
JavaScript, and the following reference should help:
http://www.cryer.co.uk/resources/javascript/script8.htm.

Be aware that the trouble with using javascript is that it relies on the
client and some people surf with javascript turned off.

--
Brian Cryer
www.cryer.co.uk/brian

Jose

>>Hi, please tell me the easiest way of passing a parameter from one HTML page
>>> to another that will be opened from the first one.

> The EASIEST way is to use server side script like PHP or ASP. But if
> you don't want to use that, you can use Javascript. A quick google of
> "pass parameter javascript" will reward you with the code.

I thought this was what cookies were designed for?

Jose

Travis Newbury

Jose wrote:
> >>Hi, please tell me the easiest way of passing a parameter from one HTML page

> > The EASIEST way is to use server side script like PHP or ASP. But if
> > you don't want to use that, you can use Javascript. A quick google of
> > "pass parameter javascript" will reward you with the code.

> I thought this was what cookies were designed for?

So because there is one solution all others should be ignored?

hywel.jenkins@gmail.com

Anatoly Kurilin wrote:
> Hi, please tell me the easiest way of passing a parameter from one HTML page
> to another that will be opened from the first one.

In pageone.htm

What you do in pagetwo.php and, indeed, the type of content in
pagetwo.php, is up to you.

--
Hywel

Greg N.

Travis Newbury wrote:

>>>The EASIEST way is to use server side script like PHP or ASP.

>>I thought this was what cookies were designed for?

> So because there is one solution all others should be ignored?

I would consider cookies (primarily) a subset of server scripting.

--
Gregor's Motorradreisen:
http://hothaus.de/greg-tour/

Jose

> So because there is one solution all others should be ignored?

No, but I was surprised that cookies weren't mentioned. I don't know
which method would be best in his (her?) circumstance, but if there are
multiple solutions, one should not be ignored either.

Jose