Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > <TABLE>: undesired extra space

<TABLE>: undesired extra space

Mały Piotruœ

HELLO,
(sorry for my English...)
I am new to HTML and WWW. Could you help me please with a problem with
<TABLE>. I am modifying page
http://www.omnikom.pl/wiadomosci.htm
I don't understand why on that page there's a extra empty space betwen
search engine ("Szukaj") and left-side submenu ("Oferta").
Thank you very much for help.
(MP)

kchayka

Mały Piotruœ wrote:

> I am modifying page
> http://www.omnikom.pl/wiadomosci.htm
> I don't understand why on that page there's a extra empty space betwen
> search engine ("Szukaj") and left-side submenu ("Oferta").

The code is a big ugly mess of nested tables and deprecated markup.
Instead of modifying this junk, you would be better off rewriting it
from scratch.

I know that's not what you wanted to hear, but it will take someone with
a lot more patience than I to unravel that mess.

BTW, your English is pretty good, certainly better than my Polish.