Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > =test please= >.mov files<

=test please= >.mov files<

long eddy

Happy new year all,

A favor please when somebody gets a moment.

Please advise if you can read the .mov files in the following link:

Please click:

http://www.ilovethecatskills.com/peter_and_colomba.htm

There should be four .mov files named:

peter_1.mov
peter_2.mov
peter_3.mov
peter_4.mov

I am on DSL with Windows 98 / IE 5.5 and IE 6 and I am able to load the page
with video clips.

Thank you for your assistance.

Best...
Eddy

Steve Pugh

long eddy wrote:

> Please advise if you can read the .mov files in the following link:
> http://www.ilovethecatskills.com/peter_and_colomba.htm
>
> There should be four .mov files named:
>
> peter_1.mov
> peter_2.mov
> peter_3.mov
> peter_4.mov

Took about 90secs in total to download them all to my desktop. I didn't
play them as I don't open random files from unknown sources, but they
all downloaded okay.

Steve

cwdjrxyz

long eddy wrote:
> Happy new year all,
>
> A favor please when somebody gets a moment.
>
> Please advise if you can read the .mov files in the following link:
>
> Please click:
>
> http://www.ilovethecatskills.com/peter_and_colomba.htm
>
> There should be four .mov files named:
>
> peter_1.mov
> peter_2.mov
> peter_3.mov
> peter_4.mov
>
> I am on DSL with Windows 98 / IE 5.5 and IE 6 and I am able to load the page
> with video clips.
>
> Thank you for your assistance.

Good news. All 4 movies play correctly on the most recent versions of
SBC/Yahoo DSL browser(IE6 close relative), Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape,
and Opera. The antique Netscape 4.8 did not work, but that browser is
all but gone in most areas. In case someone does not have the QT player
installed, the QT movies also work well on recent Real players. If
worst comes to worst, you can bring the Real player on screen, open the
file dropdown, and enter the url of your main page. I have a measured
download speed of 2.56 Mbps, and your movies all loaded in just a few
seconds, so the connection must have been good. I have my browsers set
up to automatically play the movie as soon as the download completes.
On some browsers, the movie is shown superimposed on your main page. On
others, you get the same size movie window on a blank, white background
page, but you just have to go back to bring up the main page again.