Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > modifying the color of the link around a jpeg

modifying the color of the link around a jpeg

Ogre01

I am trying to figure out how to modify the color of the outline around
my jpeg which I have set up using <map> to get links inside the
picture. But it surrounds the whole picture with the blue outline and I
would very much like to learn how to change that color.

Thanks

Els

Ogre01 wrote:

> I am trying to figure out how to modify the color of the outline around
> my jpeg which I have set up using <map> to get links inside the
> picture. But it surrounds the whole picture with the blue outline and I
> would very much like to learn how to change that color.

In your stylesheet or styleblock:
a img{border-color:red;}

I'm not sure though, why you would have any border outside your jpeg,
if that image isn't a link itself. Unless you are having nested links?
Does the code validate?

--
Els http://locusmeus.com/
- Renato Russo -

Ogre01

I haven't tried to validate yet. I did a <map> to draw regions of the
jpeg as clickable links and it put a blue (default) line around the
jpeg like it usually does for links. I have tried to use the stylesheet
but don't know what to use as the target tags to make the change.

The <a> change doesn't seem to work cause in the <map> it doesn't use
the <a> instead only the href to make the link. Perhaps I typed wrong,
I'll try again.

kchayka

Ogre01 wrote:
> I am trying to figure out how to modify the color of the outline around
> my jpeg which I have set up using <map> to get links inside the
> picture.

If you're referring to an image map, it is very unlikely you can change
the focus outline color of the individual links within it. Browser
support for styling the outline property is practically nonexistent, anyway.

Els

Ogre01 wrote:

> I haven't tried to validate yet. I did a <map> to draw regions of the
> jpeg as clickable links and it put a blue (default) line around the
> jpeg like it usually does for links. I have tried to use the stylesheet
> but don't know what to use as the target tags to make the change.
>
> The <a> change doesn't seem to work cause in the <map> it doesn't use
> the <a> instead only the href to make the link. Perhaps I typed wrong,
> I'll try again.

Well, I have never seen an outline around an image map before. If the
problem persists, can you give a link to the page in question? (or if
that's not doable, a url to an example page)

BTW - to get more answers in this newsgroup, please read this link
before you reply:

TIA

--
Els http://locusmeus.com/