Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Problems with Google cache

Problems with Google cache

Luigi Donatello Asero

A long time ago my one-man business had also the domain name
www.italymap.dk
I did not want to renew the domain name and I am not interested at this
domain now either.
Someone else seems to have bought this domain name
and have redirected it to another one.
No problem for me so far.
The problem might be, however, that Google still keeps the old cache so
that users see the
name Scaiecat Spa Gigi when they click on the page which belongs to the
domain name
https://www.italymap.dk (although neither my one-man business nor I as a
private person
own the domain name and the site)
The only website which my one-man business Scaiecat Spa Gigi
has now is
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com as I tried to make clear on
my some pages on my website
for example on https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com
(note with https to show the identity of the page)

However I wonder whether the results which Google gives with the old cache
cannot be misleading for the users and whether had not better off to update
them...
Here is the link which let me find out about the redirect I told you about
http://www.google.se/search?q=semest...&start=10&sa=N
Any suggestions?

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/robots.txt

Luigi Donatello Asero

"Luigi Donatello Asero" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:Bknsf.152980$(E-Mail Removed)...
> A long time ago my one-man business had also the domain name
> www.italymap.dk
> I did not want to renew the domain name and I am not interested at this
> domain now either.
> Someone else seems to have bought this domain name
> and have redirected it to another one.
> No problem for me so far.
> The problem might be, however, that Google still keeps the old cache so
> that users see the
> name Scaiecat Spa Gigi when they click on the page which belongs to the
> domain name
> https://www.italymap.dk (although neither my one-man business nor I as a
> private person
> own the domain name and the site)
> The only website which my one-man business Scaiecat Spa Gigi
> has now is
> https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com as I tried to make clear on
> my some pages on my website

on some of my pages on the website
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com

Generally speaking, I am under the impression that the fact that Google
keeps on using old caches helps neither webmasters nor users...