Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Problem: Space between Images

Problem: Space between Images

Fabrice Seeger

Hello,

I have a problem. I'm trying to get a design based on images.
The problem is, that there is a bit space between three images.
Iused stylesheets for it but it don't work yet.
Please help me.
You can contact me here or write to http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Thank you!

Greetings Fabrice

#Header {
position:absolute;
text-align:center;
float:left;
top:0px;
right:0px;
left: 0px;
height:117px;
width:760px;
padding:0;
}

#Header img {
margin:0;
border:0;
}

Els

Fabrice Seeger wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a problem. I'm trying to get a design based on images.
> The problem is, that there is a bit space between three images.
> Iused stylesheets for it but it don't work yet.
> Please help me.
> You can contact me here or write to (E-Mail Removed)
>
> Thank you!
>
> Greetings Fabrice
>
> #Header {
> position:absolute;
> text-align:center;
> float:left;
> top:0px;
> right:0px;
> left: 0px;
> height:117px;
> width:760px;
> padding:0;
> }

So... what do you want the header to do?
Float to the left?
Position it to the left?
Position it to the right?
You can't have it do all at once, you'll have to make a choice.

> #Header img {
> margin:0;
> border:0;
> }

That only tells me you have no margins or borders on those images.
It doesn't say anything at all about why you might have gaps, where
the images are, how big they are, or even if they are vertically or
horizontally stacked. *If* they're stacked. You'll have to give more
information, preferably an online working example, so people can see
what you did and what the result is.

--
Els http://locusmeus.com/
- Renato Russo -

Fabrice Seeger

Els schrieb:
> Fabrice Seeger wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a problem. I'm trying to get a design based on images.
>> The problem is, that there is a bit space between three images.
>> Iused stylesheets for it but it don't work yet.
>> Please help me.
>> You can contact me here or write to (E-Mail Removed)
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> Greetings Fabrice
>>
>> #Header {
>> position:absolute;
>> text-align:center;
>> float:left;
>> top:0px;
>> right:0px;
>> left: 0px;
>> height:117px;
>> width:760px;
>> padding:0;
>> }

> So... what do you want the header to do?
> Float to the left?
> Position it to the left?
> Position it to the right?
> You can't have it do all at once, you'll have to make a choice.
>
>> #Header img {
>> margin:0;
>> border:0;
>> }

> That only tells me you have no margins or borders on those images.
> It doesn't say anything at all about why you might have gaps, where
> the images are, how big they are, or even if they are vertically or
> horizontally stacked. *If* they're stacked. You'll have to give more
> information, preferably an online working example, so people can see
> what you did and what the result is.

Sorry
You can visit the page at http://ats.zyria.de/
There you could see the problem.

>> text-align:center;
>> float:left;
>> top:0px;
>> right:0px;
>> left: 0px;

That is to give a position to the box.

Hope that helps

Greetings Fabrice

Els

Fabrice Seeger wrote:

> Els schrieb:
>> Fabrice Seeger wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have a problem. I'm trying to get a design based on images.
>>> The problem is, that there is a bit space between three images.
>>> Iused stylesheets for it but it don't work yet.
>>> Please help me.
>>> You can contact me here or write to (E-Mail Removed)
>>>
>>> Thank you!
>>>
>>> Greetings Fabrice
>>>
>>> #Header {
>>> position:absolute;
>>> text-align:center;
>>> float:left;
>>> top:0px;
>>> right:0px;
>>> left: 0px;
>>> height:117px;
>>> width:760px;
>>> padding:0;
>>> }

>> So... what do you want the header to do?
>> Float to the left?
>> Position it to the left?
>> Position it to the right?
>> You can't have it do all at once, you'll have to make a choice.
>>
>>> #Header img {
>>> margin:0;
>>> border:0;
>>> }

>> That only tells me you have no margins or borders on those images.
>> It doesn't say anything at all about why you might have gaps, where
>> the images are, how big they are, or even if they are vertically or
>> horizontally stacked. *If* they're stacked. You'll have to give more
>> information, preferably an online working example, so people can see
>> what you did and what the result is.
>>

> Sorry
> You can visit the page at http://ats.zyria.de/
> There you could see the problem.
>
> >> text-align:center;
> >> float:left;
> >> top:0px;
> >> right:0px;
> >> left: 0px;

> That is to give a position to the box.
>
> Hope that helps

The clarification helps, but that code doesn't help giving any
position.

You are mixing old deprecated code with the latest doctype and
unnecessary dreamweaver image swap stuff. The code doesn't validate,
and I think you should start by writing simple code first. Forget
Dreamweaver. Write a simple page in plain HTML with a strict doctype.
No XHTML.

Example:
http://here.locusmeus.com/temp/fabrice.html
Compare the amount of code with your page

BTW, I removed the target attributes in the image map - I'm guessing
'_sonst' is the name of another frame? Don't use frames, they're
unnecessary and have plenty of disadvantages.

--
Els http://locusmeus.com/
- Renato Russo -

Fabrice Seeger

Els schrieb:
> The clarification helps, but that code doesn't help giving any
> position.

Now it does

> You are mixing old deprecated code with the latest doctype and
> unnecessary dreamweaver image swap stuff. The code doesn't validate,
> and I think you should start by writing simple code first. Forget
> Dreamweaver. Write a simple page in plain HTML with a strict doctype.
> No XHTML.

For explanation: I'm going to rewrite that page for a friend. He build
up that page any years ago. No i'm trying to make it modern and correct.
I'm using the VI and not Dreamweaver and i just started rewriting that
page ))

> Example:
> http://here.locusmeus.com/temp/fabrice.html
> Compare the amount of code with your page

Thank you for helping me.

> BTW, I removed the target attributes in the image map - I'm guessing
> '_sonst' is the name of another frame? Don't use frames, they're
> unnecessary and have plenty of disadvantages.

I never use framesets . The target is from the older version.

I'm glad to find help here.

Greetings Fabrice