Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Frameset

Frameset

dorayme

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Jake <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> In message
> <43a9df92$0$14678$(E-Mail Removed)>, Mark
> Parnell <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
> >Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Rob McAninch
> ><(E-Mail Removed)> spouted in alt.html:
> >
> >> Did you read anything on that page?

> >Don't waste your time, Rob. Jake loves frames, and won't hear anything
> >against them - we've been over this many, many times.
> >

> Wrong, my friend.
>
> Nowhere will you see me recommend frames for general use.
>
> (.... sits back and waits for MP to provide a reference to disprove that
> statement.)
>
> It's just that there's so many 'urban myths' out there that, when
> repeated enough times, take on the permanence of fact.
>
> Just trying to keep you honest.

Good on you Jake, I still have a fond memory for frames. And you
can add that MP was too hopeful about Australia beating the
Safricans... (hi Mark!)

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Jake
<(E-Mail Removed)> spouted in alt.html:

> Nowhere will you see me recommend frames for general use.

Perhaps not directly. But conversely I have never seen you say that
frames are not suitable for general use (I'm willing to be proved
wrong).

And anyone who recommends *not* using frames gets cried down with shouts
of "Heretic!" (yes, I'm exaggerating . Therefore you are indirectly
recommending them.

> Just trying to keep you honest.

Ditto.

--
Mark Parnell
Att. Google Groups users - this is your last warning:

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, dorayme
<(E-Mail Removed)> spouted in alt.html:

> Good on you Jake, I still have a fond memory for frames.

I don't. I hate using frames sites, and I hated writing frames sites
(only ever did one or two).

> And you
> can add that MP was too hopeful about Australia beating the
> Safricans...

*mutter grumble mutter* But there's 2 games left - we can still win the
series.

> (hi Mark!)

<waves>

--
Mark Parnell
Att. Google Groups users - this is your last warning:

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Jake
<(E-Mail Removed)> spouted in alt.html:

> Actually, a well-written frames-based site won't give you any
> accessibility problems.

You're right. But making a frames-based site properly accessible takes
far more work than one without frames. That's not worth it IMNSHO,
unless you're charging by the hour.

--
Mark Parnell
Att. Google Groups users - this is your last warning:

dorayme

In article
<43ab254b$0$14669$(E-Mail Removed)>,
Mark Parnell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > And you
> > can add that MP was too hopeful about Australia beating the
> > Safricans...

> *mutter grumble mutter* But there's 2 games left - we can still win the
> series.

Probably we will. Honestly, I still reckon the Poms just got
lucky, but that there is something always more inherently
dangerous about the Safricans. A gut feeling. Anyway, best wishes
over next week or so....

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, dorayme
<(E-Mail Removed)> spouted in alt.html:

> Probably we will. Honestly, I still reckon the Poms just got
> lucky, but that there is something always more inherently
> dangerous about the Safricans. A gut feeling.

Yes, and especially with Kallis likely to be back.

> Anyway, best wishes
> over next week or so....

Ditto. Do Martians have any special traditions for Christmas? Do they
celebrate Christmas?

--
Mark Parnell
Att. Google Groups users - this is your last warning:

dorayme

In article
<43ab26af$0$14675$(E-Mail Removed)>,
Mark Parnell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> ... a frames-based site properly accessible takes
> far more work than one without frames. That's not worth it IMNSHO,
> unless you're charging by the hour.

So that is why I made a frames based site! And why I undid a
frames based site. And maybe why I should redo some in frames...

Jake

In message
<(E-Mail Removed)>, dorayme
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Jake <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> In message
>> <43a9df92$0$14678$(E-Mail Removed)>, Mark
>> Parnell <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>> >Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Rob McAninch
>> ><(E-Mail Removed)> spouted in alt.html:

>> >Don't waste your time, Rob. Jake loves frames, and won't hear anything
>> >against them - we've been over this many, many times.
>> >

>> Wrong, my friend.
>>
>> Nowhere will you see me recommend frames for general use.
>>
>> (.... sits back and waits for MP to provide a reference to disprove that
>> statement.)
>>
>> It's just that there's so many 'urban myths' out there that, when
>> repeated enough times, take on the permanence of fact.
>>
>> Just trying to keep you honest.
>>

>Good on you Jake, I still have a fond memory for frames. And you
>can add that MP was too hopeful about Australia beating the
>Safricans... (hi Mark!)

We're talking cricket here, right?

Sadly, if it's a choice between watching cricket and watching paint dry
...... well, that's a tough one

--
Jake ((E-Mail Removed) -- just a 'spam trap' mail address)

Jake

In message
<43ab24f4$0$14680$(E-Mail Removed)>, Mark
Parnell <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Jake
><(E-Mail Removed)> spouted in alt.html:
>
>> Nowhere will you see me recommend frames for general use.

>Perhaps not directly. But conversely I have never seen you say that
>frames are not suitable for general use (I'm willing to be proved
>wrong).
>
>And anyone who recommends *not* using frames gets cried down with shouts
>of "Heretic!" (yes, I'm exaggerating . Therefore you are indirectly
>recommending them.
>
>> Just trying to keep you honest.

>Ditto.

As 'honest' men, we'll just have to agree to differ on this one .....
until next time

--

Jake <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> We're talking cricket here, right?
>
> Sadly, if it's a choice between watching cricket and watching paint dry
> ..... well, that's a tough one

Yes, I understand.

I like watching live, even a small village team, brings back fond
memories... But, if you have no history with the game or watch it
on telly, it is harder...

In the new year I will make a framed site just for fun, because I
can and because it is one of the few things one can do to buck
the "established" view...