Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > how to run .shtml file on local window machine

how to run .shtml file on local window machine

sunil43@gmail.com

Hi All,

Problem of .shtml

Problem:
"one.shtml" file in which three html file is included but in browser
when i run this "one.shtml" file it show

<!--#include file="top.html"-->
<!--#include file="middle.html"-->
<!--#include file="bottom.html"-->

if any one have idea about then information would be greatly
appriciated.

Sunil

David Dorward

> Problem:
> "one.shtml" file in which three html file is included but in browser
> when i run this "one.shtml" file it show
>
> <!--#include file="top.html"-->

1. Install a webserver that supports SSI
2. Configure that server to scan you files for SSI directives
3. Access your files over HTTP from localhost

Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

hywel.jenkins@gmail.com

David Dorward wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> > Problem:
> > "one.shtml" file in which three html file is included but in browser
> > when i run this "one.shtml" file it show
> >
> > <!--#include file="top.html"-->

> 1. Install a webserver that supports SSI
> 2. Configure that server to scan you files for SSI directives
> 3. Access your files over HTTP from localhost

David, can it *really* be that simple?

--
Hywel

Friendly

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 00:15:04 -0800 hywel.jenkins scrawled this
disquisition:

> David Dorward wrote:
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>
>> > Problem:
>> > "one.shtml" file in which three html file is included but in browser
>> > when i run this "one.shtml" file it show
>> >
>> > <!--#include file="top.html"-->

>> 1. Install a webserver that supports SSI 2. Configure that server to
>> scan you files for SSI directives 3. Access your files over HTTP from
>> localhost

> David, can it *really* be that simple?

even simpler ... run linux
webserver is standard part of most installations
PERL is standard
PHP is easily installed
Great collection of web design tools for free

FS

hywel.jenkins@gmail.com

Friendly wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 00:15:04 -0800 hywel.jenkins scrawled this
> disquisition:
>

> > David Dorward wrote:

> >> 1. Install a webserver that supports SSI 2. Configure that server to
> >> scan you files for SSI directives 3. Access your files over HTTP from
> >> localhost

> > David, can it *really* be that simple?

> even simpler ... run linux

Rubbish. For most people, certainly anyone asking how to run SHTML,
Linux is way out of the equation. What about configuring wireless
network PCMCIA cards? That's not easy at all. What about USB
scanning? Even with SANE it's a bit of a potch.

> webserver is standard part of most installations

If it isn't a standard part of an installation, how would a noddy user
figure out how to install it?

> PERL is standard
> PHP is easily installed
> Great collection of web design tools for free

Limited collection of web design tools for free.

--
Hywel