Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > DIV overlapping

DIV overlapping

Luigi Donatello Asero

How can I prevent the <div> which relates to Italy and the the <div> which
relates to Sweden from overlapping?
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/index.php

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv...lle-daosta.php

Els

Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

> How can I prevent the <div> which relates to Italy and the the <div> which
> relates to Sweden from overlapping?
> https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/index.php

You probably won't take this advice (deja-vu), but: don't use
position:absolute; if you don't understand the consequences.

--
Els http://locusmeus.com/
- Renato Russo -

Dylan Parry

Pondering the eternal question of "Hobnobs or Rich Tea?", Els finally
proclaimed:

> You probably won't take this advice (deja-vu)

I'd save your fingers for more useful things, like picking your nose and
typing replies to folk who will listen, if I were you.

--
Dylan Parry

Luigi Donatello Asero

"Els" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
>
> > How can I prevent the <div> which relates to Italy and the the <div>

which
> > relates to Sweden from overlapping?
> > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/index.php

> You probably won't take this advice (deja-vu), but: don't use
> position:absolute; if you don't understand the consequences.

The consequences can be understood better by trying to use it... and see
what it happens.
I assume that the alternative would be to use
position:relative;

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv...lle-daosta.php

Els

Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

> "Els" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
>>
>>> How can I prevent the <div> which relates to Italy and the the <div>

> which
>>> relates to Sweden from overlapping?
>>> https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/index.php

>> You probably won't take this advice (deja-vu), but: don't use
>> position:absolute; if you don't understand the consequences.

> The consequences can be understood better by trying to use it... and see
> what it happens.
> I assume that the alternative would be to use
> position:relative;

Assumed wrongly.

--
Els http://locusmeus.com/
- Renato Russo -

Els

Dylan Parry wrote:

> Pondering the eternal question of "Hobnobs or Rich Tea?", Els finally
> proclaimed:
>
>> You probably won't take this advice (deja-vu)

> I'd save your fingers for more useful things, like picking your nose and
> typing replies to folk who will listen, if I were you.

You're so right!

--
Els http://locusmeus.com/
- Renato Russo -

Dylan Parry

Pondering the eternal question of "Hobnobs or Rich Tea?", Luigi
Donatello Asero finally proclaimed:

> I assume that the alternative would be to use
> position:relative;

No. The alternative is to not specify *any* value for the position and
to leave out the position rule entirely. You don't need to specify
anything.

--
Dylan Parry

Arne

Once upon a time *Luigi Donatello Asero* wrote:

> "Els" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
>>
>> > How can I prevent the <div> which relates to Italy and the the <div>

> which
>> > relates to Sweden from overlapping?
>> > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/index.php

>> You probably won't take this advice (deja-vu), but: don't use
>> position:absolute; if you don't understand the consequences.

> The consequences can be understood better by trying to use it... and see
> what it happens.
> I assume that the alternative would be to use
> position:relative;

Hint: try "float"

--
/Arne
-- *Joke of the day* ----------------------------------------

Dylan Parry

Pondering the eternal question of "Hobnobs or Rich Tea?", Els finally
proclaimed:

> You're so right!

I'm either stupid or full of chocolate and coffee icecream, but he's got
me trying to be helpful too now

--
Dylan Parry

Luigi Donatello Asero

"Arne" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Once upon a time *Luigi Donatello Asero* wrote:
>
> > "Els" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> > which
> >>
> >> You probably won't take this advice (deja-vu), but: don't use
> >> position:absolute; if you don't understand the consequences.

> > The consequences can be understood better by trying to use it... and see
> > what it happens.
> > I assume that the alternative would be to use
> > position:relative;

> Hint: try "float"

I did it before (float:left with position:relative;
Perhaps should I try (float: bottom?
It does not seem to look very well without setting any position either...