Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Editor recommendation

Reply
Thread Tools

Editor recommendation

 
 
=?iso-8859-1?Q?Dav=E9mon?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-07-2005

Hello,

Can anyone recommend a windows based WYSIWYG html editor which handles

css floats
css overflow
standards compliant html

TIA

--

Davémon
http://www.nightsoil.co.uk/
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Roy Schestowitz
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-07-2005
__/ [Davémon] on Wednesday 07 December 2005 10:15 \__

>
> Hello,
>
> Can anyone recommend a windows based WYSIWYG html editor which handles
>
> css floats
> css overflow
> standards compliant html
>
> TIA
>


I am not too sure about handling of css floats and overflow, but have a look
at Nvu:

http://www.nvu.com/

As I once noticed that you had a blog-like site, how about a CMS? WordPress
(to be released as 2.0 next year) has a WYSIWYG interface, which is of
course Web-based.

TinyMCE is finally integrated with WordPress:

http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/

You will need to get the latest nightly build though. Join in and help
debugging... *smile*

http://wordpress.org/download/nightly/

I can assure you that it's stable, but I found a collision with AdBlock a
couple of days ago. Apart from that, it's excellent!

Hope it helps,

Roy

--
Roy S. Schestowitz | Useless fact: Digits 772-777 of Pi are 999999
http://Schestowitz.com | SuSE Linux | PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
10:45am up 7:56, 4 users, load average: 0.79, 0.69, 0.62
http://iuron.com - next generation of search paradigms
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
=?iso-8859-1?Q?Dav=E9mon?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-07-2005
Roy Schestowitz arranged shapes to form:

> __/ [Davémon] on Wednesday 07 December 2005 10:15 \__
>
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Can anyone recommend a windows based WYSIWYG html editor which handles
>>
>> css floats
>> css overflow
>> standards compliant html
>>
>> TIA
>>

>
> I am not too sure about handling of css floats and overflow, but have a look
> at Nvu:
>
> http://www.nvu.com/
>


Will do, looks interesting...

> As I once noticed that you had a blog-like site, how about a CMS?


It's not for me, but a small client who's running out of budget (couldn't
even afford the MySQL from their host, let alone me to implement it).

<snip Wordpress 2.0>

> I can assure you that it's stable, but I found a collision with AdBlock a
> couple of days ago. Apart from that, it's excellent!


Thanks for the update! I'm running WP and I'll look at upgrading when I get
a moment, it would need some serious hacking to get it to do what the
client needs.


--

Davémon
http://www.nightsoil.co.uk/
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ANN: New low-cost XML Editor, XSLT Editor, XSLT Debugger, DTD/Schema Editor Stylus Studio Java 0 08-03-2004 03:53 PM
Free Editor Recommendation Wanted Harvey HTML 3 03-01-2004 09:30 PM
Mac OSx html editor recommendation Plato HTML 4 10-29-2003 09:49 PM
recommendation for a good WYSIWYG editor control yoni ASP .Net 1 07-30-2003 04:39 PM



Advertisments