Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Iframe question

Iframe question

LinaK

First of all, I am not sure if this can be done.. but I think I
remember something about it, I just can't find it again.

Here's what I want to do:

I have a table which has a background image to serve as a layout.
In one of the cells, there's going to be an iframe for the other
pages.
Is it possible to make it, so that the iframe will 'look' transparent
and show the background image from the bigger table?

Lina

Greg N.

LinaK wrote:

> Is it possible to make it, so that the iframe will 'look' transparent
> and show the background image from the bigger table?

there is an "allowtransparency=yes" parameter for the iframe element.

--
Gregor's Motorradreisen:
http://hothaus.de/greg-tour/

LinaK

On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 18:46:10 +0100, "Greg N." <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>there is an "allowtransparency=yes" parameter for the iframe element.

I already tried that, but it don't work... unless I have to do
something else too.

Lina

David Dorward

Greg N. wrote:

>> Is it possible to make it, so that the iframe will 'look' transparent
>> and show the background image from the bigger table?

> there is an "allowtransparency=yes" parameter for the iframe element.

Not in HTML. It must be a proprietary extension of some sort, what supports
it?

Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

David Dorward

http://allmyfaqs.net/faq.pl?Tableless_layouts

> In one of the cells, there's going to be an iframe for the other
> pages.

http://www.useit.com/alertbox/designmistakes.html - see number 9 and read
"iframe" where it says "popup" (the effect is the same).

Also: http://allmyfaqs.net/faq.pl?Problems_with_using_frames

Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

Peterken

"LinaK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> First of all, I am not sure if this can be done.. but I think I
> remember something about it, I just can't find it again.
>
> Here's what I want to do:
>
> I have a table which has a background image to serve as a layout.
> In one of the cells, there's going to be an iframe for the other
> pages.
> Is it possible to make it, so that the iframe will 'look' transparent
> and show the background image from the bigger table?
>

> Lina

In the "by-iframe-called page" (the one showing in the iframe) set

In the code of the iframe itself set
<iframe allowtransparency="true" ...... >

LinaK

Thanks everyone - I figured it out... it was one of those typo's that
sneak up on you, when you aren't looking... *blushing*

Lina